HDD info on portable drives / HDD enclosures

GTMoraes

Hi!

This software is excellent. Doesn't cease to amaze me. It's great the fact that HWiNFO presents deep, thoroughly information about the machine. But I think it missed a small detail there, regarding to the specifications of the HDD inside a portable drive / HDD enclosure.
At first I thought "it detects it as a USB Mass Storage Device, so it couldn't know if it's a thumb drive or a hard drive", but on devmgmt, it lists under "disk drives", even with hdd's full name.
I don't know if it's possible thru USB, but it would be great if HWiNFO could "see" it, and report it properly like an normal hard drive. Maybe even S.M.A.R.T. support?

I can (and would love to) beta-test if it's possible. I've got a USB 2.0 Samsung portable drive and a USB 3.0 HDD Enclosure with an 2.5" Hitachi hard drive inside.

I also would like to use this space to congratulate you for such awesome and useful piece of software. Good job!

Thank you :)
Detection of disk drives connected via USB interface is currently not supported in HWiNFO.
This feature is in the to-do list...

Martin said:
Thank you :)
Detection of disk drives connected via USB interface is currently not supported in HWiNFO.
This feature is in the to-do list...

Good to know! I'll be looking forward to it

The latest version released (4.20) supports enumeration and S.M.A.R.T. status monitoring of most USB-ATA drives.

Martin said:
The latest version released (4.20) supports enumeration and S.M.A.R.T. status monitoring of most USB-ATA drives.

I'll test as soon as I get to a computer! Good job and thank you

Back