Help Required With Unexplained Shut Down

Macmcd

Hello,

I'm hoping that someone a bit more knowledgable than me may be able to help with a problem that has just started happening. A year or so ago I built a gaming PC for my daughter before she went to university and she has been using it without problems until a few days ago. She now finds that when she runs video intensive applications it will suddenly turn off at random. There have been no hardware changes. As I had suffered a similar problem with an old laptop that was overheating, I though it was a thermal issue with her graphics card. She confirmed that the fans for the card ran on initial startup and then from time to time as they were needed. I had her run HWiNFO and generate a log which should be attached. She left the computer running for a while and everything was fine but as soon as she ran a game it shut down even before she had a chance to play. Looking at the numbers to my untrained eye the temperature for the cpu and gpu look fairly normal. The PSU is 1000w so I would hope that it is not a power demand problem.

I was hoping that someone could have a look at the log and see if there is any indication what may be causing the shut downs. Unfortunately, I am over two hours away from the computer and won't be able to get there for a couple of weeks so I am trying to solve this remotely. The basic specifications are as follows:

MB: Gigabyte X470 Aorus Gaming 7 Wifi
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X cooled with a Corsair H150i Pro
Memory: 2 x 8 GB PC4-27700 DDR4 SDRAM Corsair CMR16GX4M2C3466C16
Boot Device: Samsung SSD 970 EVO 250GB
GPU: Sapphire RX 580 Nitro+
PSU: Corsair CP-9020139-UK HX1000 1000W

A full system specification should attached as a system report. The log file had to be saved as tab delimited text as csv files were not allowed.

Thanks in anticipation,
Mac.

Attachments

• System Report.HTM
    221.8 KB · Views: 3
  • HWINFO Log.txt
    1.7 MB · Views: 2
Back