How Bad is my drive?

Bomberh

I have run Hwinfo to find out some information. I then had a look at other items, such as my drives. I noticed a yellow exclamation mark against one of my drives.

Drive Model: Seagate ST2000DX001-1NS164

On checking further, it shows (see attached image)

Number of Reported Uncorrectable Errors: 8

I have run the Seagate SeaTools program and completed a Short Drive Self Test, which shows it has passed its basic test. (see attached image)

I take it if there was anything seriously wrong, it wouldn't have passed the basic test?

I know this is a question that is hard to answer, but is it likely to fail in the short term? or is it ok to continue using it, as this is a minor issue?

Any help would be great, thanks.

Attachments

• Drive.jpg
    Drive.jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 7
  • Drive 2.jpg
    Drive 2.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 6
Some drive sectors are pending relocation - see SMART attribute C5. Not sure what the basic test in SeaTools does, but apparently it doesn't test for such basic SMART attribute values, or it doesn't see them as problematic, yet.

I recommend the usual: Keep a close eye on the drive and its SMART values/attributes. If the number of relocated (attribute 05) or pending (attribute C5) sectors keep increasing I'd replace the drive. And always have a verified backup of the data on the drive.

Regards
Dalai

Some drive sectors are pending relocation - see SMART attribute C5. Not sure what the basic test in SeaTools does, but apparently it doesn't test for such basic SMART attribute values, or it doesn't see them as problematic, yet.

I recommend the usual: Keep a close eye on the drive and its SMART values/attributes. If the number of relocated (attribute 05) or pending (attribute C5) sectors keep increasing I'd replace the drive. And always have a verified backup of the data on the drive.

Regards
Dalai
Thanks for the information and advice.

Back