* the SBLive emulation driver is considered as the least crappy one among such "drivers"
* YES it does require EMM386 and this fact is not properly documented
* such "emulation drivers" are "by design" inherently unreliable
* such "emulation drivers" are "stupid VCPI intruders"
* they intercept access to ISA SB ports using V86 mode for real mode applications and using I/O debug for protected mode applications, reportedly this has a chance to "work" in Ring0 too
* reportedly they need some "hardware support" (PCI to ISA DMA "redirection") and thus don't work anymore on some latest mainboards ... yeah
* one possible hack would be to ZERO'ize out the debug registers in HWiNFO
* the "design" goal of such "emulation drivers" (fake hardware and fraud applications) eclatantly conflicts with the design goal of HWiNFO (properly detect hardware)
* the solution is to document this: don't use any (sound) emulation drivers when running HWiNFO
(what about hacky USB emulations ???)
* please (Martin) look into the other documentation issues I had reported by Mail
* for good reasons I don't use and deprecate
both EMM386 and such "emulation drivers" ;-)