HWiNFO not opening

BPena8

Hello,

I recently found out about your software and wanted to give it a try, however for what ever reason I cannot get it to launch on my PC, I have tried using the stable and the beta x64 releases.

What I have so far is that after I try to launch it, it will appear in the task manager but nothing else happens. I tried to look through the forums to see if anyone else had the same issue. For most people it seemed that all they had to do was check for the taskbar icon, but unfortunately, I do not have it down there, even under the hidden items area.

Any help trying to move forward would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Thank you for the fast reply Martin, I tried to use the method of editing the .ini to enable debug mode, but unfortunately the application doesn't open enough to generate the .DBG file. I am however attempting to use the beta 5.73 version.

So if you have downloaded original HWiNFO, haven't changed the configuration and it doesn't even show the initial welcome screen, then something weird is happening there.
Is it possible that something is blocking it (some antivirus or antimalware tool) ?

So, I closed almost every running process Windows would let me close. HWiNFO32 will open and function normally but HWiNFO64 still refuses to work at all. Thank you for your help.

So HWiNFO64 doesn't even show the initial welcome screen?
When you start it and check in Task Manager, do you see the HWiNFO64 process running ?

HWiNFO64 does not show the welcome screen at all but DOES show as running in the task manager. 0% cpu, 14.1mb memory usage

I have noticed that HWinfo will stop working if HPET feature is disabled on the motherboard.
Wich makes some sense, since a samplerate demands using a clock.

Last edited:
Hello,

HWiNFO does not start with the ASRock Z690 Taichi.

I attached the debug-file.

Best regards,
Tom

Attachments

• HWiNFO64.DBG
    1.7 MB · Views: 1
Hello,

HWiNFO does not start with the ASRock Z690 Taichi.

I attached the debug-file.

Best regards,
Tom

Seems to be an issue trying to read the Corsair PSU data. Try to disable "CorsairLink and Asetek Support" option in HWiNFO.

Code:
SupportCorsairAsetek=0

You can set this in the Settings menu which is accessible before the scan starts.

Cool, it starts now.
Thank you for the quick help.

But i used HWinFO and Corsairlink in the past without problems.

Do you have an idea, what could cause the problem now?

Not sure, there are numerous problems with Corsair devices. But most likely it's their own Corsair Link software causing conflicts with other software accessing their devices.

Back