hwinfo not reading cpu fan speed

Wire11

when lounch axtu (asrock extreme tuning utility) the cpu fan is listed. but if I don't lounch axtu, hwinfo not listen cpu fan speed. in bios fans speeds are listed.

Which exact mainboard model do you have ?
It's possible that the CPU fan is muxed with another one, which is common for some ASRock mainboards.

Martin said:
Which exact mainboard model do you have ?
It's possible that the CPU fan is muxed with another one, which is common for some ASRock mainboards.

asrock extreme 9 990fx

That model is as I described earlier. Unfortunately the method to access and read the fan is not reliable, doesn't work well and could cause issues, so it's not supported.
As a workaround you can try to attach the fan to another header (CPU1/2, or another one).

Martin said:
That model is as I described earlier. Unfortunately the method to access and read the fan is not reliable, doesn't work well and could cause issues, so it's not supported.
As a workaround you can try to attach the fan to another header (CPU1/2, or another one).

cpu2 fans has 3 pin and it is reading earlier from hwinfo. cpu1 has 4 pin (pwm) and not is reading from hwinfo.

Wire11 said:
Martin said:

cpu2 fans has 3 pin and it is reading earlier from hwinfo. cpu1 has 4 pin (pwm) and not is reading from hwinfo.

can you fix the program for that motherboard? :p

I have already explained the reason and suggested attaching that fan to a different header.

Hi Martin,
 It sounds like this is a known issue, I have a 2013 M18X R2 and my cpu fan is not showing up. The 2 gpu fans are showing up linked.
I tried to upload a report but this site says it doesn't allow those types of attachments. is there a format and or best place to upload the report files?. Is this something you guys are working on by chance?
thanks a bunch for the help!

I have attached a word document with some screen grabs of the reports. nope apparently not that file type either
. :-[

That seems to be a firmware issue/limitation and in that case I cannot do anything about it.
If you have problems attaching file, try to compress them (zip, etc.).

Back