HWiNFO - Shared Memory - aquasuite

InfoSeeker

Couple weeks ago I decided to move from AIDA64 to HWiNFO64 for my external sensor readings for aquasuite.
I was running win8.1/64 & aquasuite 2015-6 at the time.
Unfortunately, HWiNFO64 did not show up under the System heading in input select, and the shared memory function was checked in HWiNFO64.
Knowing I was about to move to Windows 10, and hoping the issue would go away, I ignored the problem until I updated to 10.

I have now updated to Win10/64 (not clean install), and HWiNFO64 and aquasuite work fine, but I still do not have HWiNFO64 listed as a source in aquasuite.

I have latest HWiNFO64 beta installed:
Version.jpg

and I have the Shared Memory option selected:
sharedmem.jpg

But HWiNFO64 does not appear in the System list for selecting the input sensor:
list.jpg

Any suggestions?

This is probably an issue with Aquasuite, so I suggest to check with them. Integration of HWiNFO into Aquasuite is their work.

Martin said:
This is probably an issue with Aquasuite, so I suggest to check with them. Integration of HWiNFO into Aquasuite is their work.

Thank you kindly.

I have opened a thread at aquacomputer's forum, but thought I would ask here also in case I missed a setting or switch in HWiNFO?

It looks like my problem was that I Had "Auto Start" activated for HWiNFO, but I did not have "Show Sensors on Startup" activated, and it appears HWiNFO does not export sensor values if the sensor window is not open.

To that end, I wonder if it would be useful to add a comment to the "Show Sensors on Startup" mouse-over help button stating "Required to export sensor values via Shared Memory" or some such thing.
helpbubble.jpg

Also the HWiNFO name is misspelled at the sensor selection side... I do not know if that is you or aquacomputer.
hwinfo2.jpg

If it is not HWiNFO I will mention it to aquacomputer.

I thought it's obvious that only when the sensors window is active the sensor data is accessible (and exported).
The name misspelled is an issue of Aquasuite.

Martin said:
I thought it's obvious that only when the sensors window is active the sensor data is accessible (and exported).

Well... no... not at all obvious... having checked the "Shared Memory Support" option, I expected HWiNFO to use the Shared Memory Support. I had no idea additional windows needed to be opened. Maybe it is because I come from the AIDA64 environment, and having selected the WMI Windows Services support, no other windows or panels needed to be active.

I appreciate your comments.

Back