HWiNFO v6.27-4185 Beta released

Martin

HWiNFO Author
Staff member
HWiNFO v6.27-4185 Beta available.

Changes:
  • Fixed and improved monitoring of VR VCC sensor on Intel SVID VR systems.
  • Added per-rail voltage and power monitoring on NVIDIA GPUs.
  • Enhanced sensor monitoring on ASUS ROG STRIX B460 series.
  • Fixed a possible crash on some systems with down-cored CPUs.
  • Added reporting number of RT and Tensor Cores for NVIDIA (requires R445+).
  • Enhanced sensor monitoring on ASUS Pro WS W480-ACE.
  • Enhanced sensor monitoring on ASUS ROG STRIX B550-E/I GAMING.
  • Enhanced sensor monitoring on ASRock H470, B460 and H410 series.
  • Enhanced sensor monitoring on ASRock W480 Creator.
  • Improved support of hybrid CPUs (Alder Lake).
  • Enhanced sensor monitoring on GIGABYTE B550 series.
  • Enhanced sensor monitoring on MSI B550 series.
  • Added dedicated support of LSI MegaRAID controllers. Requires LSI storelib*.dll libraries.
  • Fixed support of Intersil ISL69269 VRM.
  • Added monitoring of Power Reporting Deviation on AMD Ryzen CPUs.

"Power Reporting Deviation" is a new feature available on AMD Ryzen CPUs that tells how much the CPU telemetry seen by the CPU differs from real world (expected) data.
Note that this value has a useful meaning only under full CPU load and values around 100% (95 - 105 %) mean the telemetry is working correctly.
On systems with a higher deviation under full load this means the CPU thinks it's working at lower or higher power than expected for the given SKU, hence out of specification.
This is usually caused by mainboard vendor (often intentionally) providing wrong calibration data in BIOS (AGESA) to fool the CPU to run at a higher power than the limit for the SKU.
There's a more detailed description and explanation of this value being prepared by TheStilt, which will be posted soon.
Update: Check here for further details: https://www.hwinfo.com/forum/thread...er-reporting-deviation-metric-in-hwinfo.6456/

Last edited:
"Power Reporting Deviation" is a new feature available on AMD Ryzen CPUs ...

Hi Martin,
seems earlier Ryzen doesn't have that sensor :rolleyes:
Edit: lol.. it's there now, first I must set cpu clock and voltage to auto in BIOS..

Attachments

• Annotation 2020-06-09 072058.png
    Annotation 2020-06-09 072058.png
    60.7 KB · Views: 53
  • Annotation 2020-06-09 161921.png
    Annotation 2020-06-09 161921.png
    228.9 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
Thanks. I used sysinternals CPU stress on my 3900x. I found no matter the power profile used, my value was hovering around 150% when under load (even without 24 threads). Asus tuf x570 mb

I dislike these sorts of shenanigans, thank you for sheding some light on this for us.

Last edited:
Update: There seems to be some issue with reporting of the "Power Reporting Deviation" parameter on some earlier (Zen/Zen+) CPU families.
We're investigating this problem, so for the time being please take the parameter into account only on Ryzen 3rd gen (Zen2) families.

I used MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC with a Ryzen 3600 with Prime95 SmallFFTs until 100% usage on all cores, reseted Min/Max/Average values and got this result: PRD.PNG

Edit:
I'm using the latest bios version 7B85v1B.

Last edited:
Please update to v6.27-4190 Beta for fixed monitoring of Power Reporting Deviation on AMD 1st/2nd Gen Ryzen CPUs.
It should also fix VOUT on ISL69269.

I'm having some trouble getting it to show up.... On version v6.27-4190, changed all settings in bios and Ryzen Master to stock, ran a clean install, and can't find it anywhere in the settings. Suggestions on how to get Power Reporting Deviation to display for the first time?

Setup:
Windows 10
Ryzen 7 3700x
Asus Tuf X570

I'm having some trouble getting it to show up.... On version v6.27-4190, changed all settings in bios and Ryzen Master to stock, ran a clean install, and can't find it anywhere in the settings. Suggestions on how to get Power Reporting Deviation to display for the first time?

Setup:
Windows 10
Ryzen 7 3700x
Asus Tuf X570

Please attach the HWiNFO Debug File (with sensor data) for analysis as per: https://www.hwinfo.com/forum/threads/read-this-before-submitting-a-report.241/

Can i have a little more info about enabling the "...support of LSI MegaRAID controllers"?
It requires LSI storelib*.dll libraries, but where do I find them, and where do I have to put them?

Can i have a little more info about enabling the "...support of LSI MegaRAID controllers"?
It requires LSI storelib*.dll libraries, but where do I find them, and where do I have to put them?

You need to download the LSI MegaRAID support libraries package here: www.hwinfo.com/beta/LSI_lib.zip, and extract the appropriate files into your windows\system32 folder.
If your operating system is 64-bit, extract files from the x64 folder of that package to c:\windows\system32 (assuming this is your system32 folder).

You need to download the LSI MegaRAID support libraries package here: www.hwinfo.com/beta/LSI_lib.zip, and extract the appropriate files into your windows\system32 folder.
If your operating system is 64-bit, extract files from the x64 folder of that package to c:\windows\system32 (assuming this is your system32 folder).
Thanks, I did that and when I start the program it froze at the "Detecting ATA/SCSI Drive(s)..." scanning section
Impossible to kill the EXE, had to do an Hard Reset. I attached the logs I could save and an inventory.

Attachments

• HWiNFO64.DBG
    529 KB · Views: 2
  • HWinfoReport.HTM
    239.6 KB · Views: 4
Thanks, I did that and when I start the program it froze at the "Detecting ATA/SCSI Drive(s)..." scanning section
Impossible to kill the EXE, had to do an Hard Reset. I attached the logs I could save and an inventory.

Actually it works and enumerates a few drivers connected to the LSI. But then later at querying higher addresses it hangs. I'm not sure why this happens as it's completely inside the LSI libraries. Perhaps try to upgrade the drivers or get later LSI libraries.. I have also noticed that you're running under Hyper-V, not sure if that might be causing a problem..

I'm on Windows Server 2019, Hyper-V is enabled but i'm on the Host not on a VM so it should be fine.
I have the latest versions of drivers for my card.

I can find some "storelib*.dll" on the "LSIStorageAuthority" Management software folder, but they are different from yours:
storelib.dll 7.13.04.100.0
storelibir-3.dll 16.10.1.0
storelibit.dll 7.1400.200

I attached them, but I suspect those files to be 32bit as the program is located in "C:\Program Files (x86)".

The management software works on my server, I can see the drives and manage them.

By curiosity what kind of counter are you suposed to get from the LSI MegaRAID controller?

Attachments

• storelib.7z
    403 KB · Views: 2
I'm on Windows Server 2019, Hyper-V is enabled but i'm on the Host not on a VM so it should be fine.
I have the latest versions of drivers for my card.

I can find some "storelib*.dll" on the "LSIStorageAuthority" Management software folder, but they are different from yours:
storelib.dll 7.13.04.100.0
storelibir-3.dll 16.10.1.0
storelibit.dll 7.1400.200

I attached them, but I suspect those files to be 32bit as the program is located in "C:\Program Files (x86)".

The management software works on my server, I can see the drives and manage them.

By curiosity what kind of counter are you suposed to get from the LSI MegaRAID controller?

Those libs seems to be much newer. Would be really interesting if/how such would work if you could find x64 versions.
Not sure what you mean with "counter".

Back