HWiNFO v7.12 released

Martin

HWiNFO Author
Staff member
HWiNFO v7.12 available.

Changes:
  • Added a darker (black) Dark Mode skin.
  • Increased font and window size of the summary window.
  • Updated summary window for improved support of Hybrid CPUs.
  • Changed core naming in Hybrid CPUs to better reflect the type.
  • Added a workaround for missing CPU clocks on AMD CPUs with Core Isolation / Memory Integrity enabled.
  • Fixed a possible crash when opening sensor settings multiple times.
  • Added support of Alder Lake-N.
  • Enhanced sensor monitoring on some ASUS MAXIMUS, STRIX, TUF, ProArt, PRIME Z690 and B660 series.
  • Added ability to define a custom range for invalid sensor values.
  • Redesigned Summary window.
  • Enhanced sensor monitoring on MSI Z690 and B660 series.
  • Added readout of DDR5 SPD via I3C on Sapphire Rapids (preliminary).
  • Enhanced sensor monitoring on GIGABYTE Z690, B660 and H610 series.
  • Added monitoring of CPU Utility – same utilization as reported by Task Manager in Windows 8 and later.

Last edited:
A note regarding the new CPU Utility reported:
This is the same CPU Utilization as reported by Task Manager in Windows 8 and later systems. The original CPU Usage reported for several years is measured via time-based performance counters, which report the percentage of time the processor is busy. The Utility performance counters measure how much work the processor actually performs. The utility performance counters take into account the processor performance state and Turbo Boost-based enhancements to measure and normalize the work that's being done by the CPU. The CPU Utility values can exceed 100% when under heavy utilization, which is by design and expected. Earlier versions of the Windows Task Manager reported raw values exceeding 100%, which seems to have been later capped to 100% (most probably to avoid user confusion). HWiNFO doesn't perform such capping to 100% and reports the raw value, which can also be verified via Windows Performance Monitor.
For more information see:
and

Special thanks to @geordi for this hint.

I still battle to see the text in the system summary - at 1920 x 1080 res I have to lean forward to my screen to comfortably read the summary panel, which occupies less than half the screen real estate. A menu option or control to adjust this globally, or even a maximise option would be a nice addition. In the meantime I use the windows magnifier at 150%.

I still battle to see the text in the system summary - at 1920 x 1080 res I have to lean forward to my screen to comfortably read the summary panel, which occupies less than half the screen real estate. A menu option or control to adjust this globally, or even a maximise option would be a nice addition. In the meantime I use the windows magnifier at 150%.

I have succeed to manage windows fonts size at my Win7 Pro (at 1920 x 1080 - 23" monitor), by the use of Winaero Tweaker. Feel free to try it.

Back