HWinfo32 hangs computer

anon2--9

Hello, I'm not able to run a report on my computer. I've run HWinfo32 with Summary Only and every time it freezes/hangs the PC and I have to do a hard reboot. I've unplugged the only device attached (USB printer). It did not get past "Analysing PCI Bus..." DBG file is below. Thanks!

Attachments

• HWiNFO32.DBG
    58.5 KB · Views: 2
Try to disable the "Low-level PCI Access" option in settings if that will help.

Martin said:
Try to disable the "Low-level PCI Access" option in settings if that will help.

Yes, that worked for Summary-only mode but hangs again in the same place when using Sensors-only or full mode.

Attachments

• HWiNFO32-full.DBG
    57.1 KB · Views: 1
  • HWiNFO32-sensor-only.DBG
    58.5 KB · Views: 2
I will try to fix this in the next (Beta) build released when using the "Safe scan of potentially problematic PCI devices" option.
For the time being you might try check in the BIOS if there's an option to raise PCI latency timeout, or somehow disable the PCI Modem device which is causing the troubles here.

Martin said:
I will try to fix this in the next (Beta) build released when using the "Safe scan of potentially problematic PCI devices" option.
For the time being you might try check in the BIOS if there's an option to raise PCI latency timeout, or somehow disable the PCI Modem device which is causing the troubles here.

It was the PCI modem, I took it out and now HWinfo runs without any issues, even with default settings. Many thanks!! I'm hoping this will solve my random hangs on PC boot-up as well.

Thanks for the feedback :) There were several cases when those modems caused issues. HWiNFO will add a workaround for this model as well in the next build.

Back