I Need Help, Please.

Moabsi

My device: ASUS ROG G752vl
My gaming laptop temperature reaches between 65-79c° in normal use (reading PDFs and watching a movie or youtube).
When I start a game it goes higher above 90c° and I close the game after 30 minutes when it reaches 97-99 c°.
Can you help me knowing what is the exact cause? Because maintenance is very expensive here in Yemen and we don't have any ASUS centers here.
My windows is clean and up to date
Drivers are downloaded from ASUS website and updated.
This is the bug file and the report. 2.PNG

Attachments

Last edited:

Zach

This is a laptop right?
How long do you have it?
What is your ambient (room) temp?
Have you install any software related to overclock? Do you have any software that may prevent CPU lowering the power consumption?

Can you show a screenshot of HWiNFO sensors window fully expanded like the following after you leave it on for a long time while you do stuff on your computer?

1598037722090.png

Moabsi

This is a laptop right?
How long do you have it?
Have you install any software related to overclock? Do you have any software that may prevent CPU lowering the power consumption?

Can you show a screenshot of HWiNFO sensors window fully expanded like the following after you leave it on for a long time while you do stuff on your computer?

View attachment 5056
Yes. it is a gaming laptop (Ausu ROG G752vl)
I bought it as a used laptop like everyone does here in Yemen because it takes 2-3 months to get a brand new device and twice the price.
The weather today is 21° and we do not use any air conditioners or heaters.
Look at my programs and check them.
Is the power consumption high??
Untitled.png
Untitled 2.JPG
Untitled 3.JPG
Untitled 4.JPG

Moabsi

This is a laptop right?
How long do you have it?

View attachment 5056
I am also not sure what is the problem with my drivers.
I downloaded all the latest ones from ASUS website by my serial number.
Both Asus live update app and windows update tell my that everything is up to date.
Yet, all other third-party update tools gives my a bunch of new updates!!
Even esupport bios agent tool tells me I need a bios update and my bios version 307 is the latest !!
Check the images attached please and tell me what to do.

Attachments

Zach

I can't say that I see something weird. Your ambient temp is ok.
And I wouldn’t trust too much third party apps that suggest a tone of available driver updates. I saw many times causing problems.

Laptops, by design don’t have the best cooling solutions. Add to that the high power chip yours have. An HQ CPU meaning it’s a high power draw by design. 40, 50watt or even more is quiet the amount of heat that has to be dissipated to ambient air. Gaming laptops have for sure better cooling than other but consider that this is a used one and could be full of dust already, depending the amount of time that has worked.

Do you hear the fan working high?

1. If you can hear the fan spinning really high, like a small vacuum cleaner or a jet engine then it could need a cleaning.
2. If you don’t hear the fan working high then you should check whatever app you have for temp and cooling fan management. It could be on some kind of silent mode. Is that ~2500rpm real? Do you ever see it above 2500rpm, like when gaming?

Usually I open myself all laptops I have had and clean the heatsink/fan and reapply thermal paste also. This could be a complicated procedure, depending the laptop brand and model. The opening and closing of it is one thing, let alone the dismount/remount of heatsink(s) and fan(s). And you don’t need ASUS to have that done. Any PC repair workshop can do it... supposedly

EDIT:
FYI... 80C and 90C on a high performance and power draw laptop CPU is not uncommon. Especially Intel CPUs have what-so-ever no issues work that high for long time. Your consideration about thermals and checking for an improovement is no wrong. I would do the same in your place. But dont get panicked about it. These CPUs can take a lot abuse with no issues for several years.

Last edited:

tom5576

recently had to take off heatsink from my inspiron 5576 to measure video RAM and VRM thermal pads thickness, and cleaned liquid metal and reapplied coolermaster thermal paste as a temporary solution. my temps also went significantly higher. no thermal paste can compare with liquid metal when it comes to cooling efficiency and LM should be the only thing used on gaming laptop especially if you overclock it

Moabsi

I can't say that I see something weird. Your ambient temp is ok.
And I wouldn’t trust too much third party apps that suggest a tone of available driver updates. I saw many times causing problems.

Laptops, by design don’t have the best cooling solutions. Add to that the high power chip yours have. An HQ CPU meaning it’s a high power draw by design. 40, 50watt or even more is quiet the amount of heat that has to be dissipated to ambient air. Gaming laptops have for sure better cooling than other but consider that this is a used one and could be full of dust already, depending the amount of time that has worked.

Do you hear the fan working high?

1. If you can hear the fan spinning really high, like a small vacuum cleaner or a jet engine then it could need a cleaning.
2. If you don’t hear the fan working high then you should check whatever app you have for temp and cooling fan management. It could be on some kind of silent mode. Is that ~2500rpm real? Do you ever see it above 2500rpm, like when gaming?

Usually I open myself all laptops I have had and clean the heatsink/fan and reapply thermal paste also. This could be a complicated procedure, depending the laptop brand and model. The opening and closing of it is one thing, let alone the dismount/remount of heatsink(s) and fan(s). And you don’t need ASUS to have that done. Any PC repair workshop can do it... supposedly

EDIT:
FYI... 80C and 90C on a high performance and power draw laptop CPU is not uncommon. Especially Intel CPUs have what-so-ever no issues work that high for long time. Your consideration about thermals and checking for an improovement is no wrong. I would do the same in your place. But dont get panicked about it. These CPUs can take a lot abuse with no issues for several years.
Fans are working in normal speed quietly around 60c and i feel them blow hot air out.
But I can only hear them blowing more air when temp gets over 80-85c I feel the amount of air coming out is a lot and not much noise.

Moabsi

recently had to take off heatsink from my inspiron 5576 to measure video RAM and VRM thermal pads thickness, and cleaned liquid metal and reapplied coolermaster thermal paste as a temporary solution. my temps also went significantly higher. no thermal paste can compare with liquid metal when it comes to cooling efficiency and LM should be the only thing used on gaming laptop especially if you overclock it
Here in Yemen, I am not expecting to find a good thermal paste.

Zach

You can at least have it cleaned from dust. But if you have the heatsink(s) removed from CPU and GPU you have to apply new thermal paste. And it doesn’t have to be liquid metal. There are many pastes that do the job fine. And you can make order through eBay, AliExpress and such.

Liquid metal has the highest performance yes, and I’m using it on my desktop CPU AIO cooler for a while now but it is a very special material and needs extra caring and treatment. Any misusage can easily damage hardware.

EDIT:
Typo

Last edited: