ITE Temperature Sensor reading seems too high

BHOC

The temperature 3 figure appears to be too high. All other temperature figures are 30 - 50 degrees C.
[ITE IT8721F]
Temperature 1 34.0 °C
Temperature 2 34.0 °C
Temperature 3 194.0 °C

Log file attached.

How do these ITE sensors differ from the CPU sensors?

Attachments

• DELLSTUDIO-PC.CSV
    100.3 KB · Views: 30
The 3rd temperature reading is invalid, most probably because this input is not connected to the ITE sensor. Each mainboard uses a different method of sensor connection. If the BIOS of this DELL machine reports the sensor values and you send me a photo of this screen, I'll try to adjust the sensor values for this machine.
The CPU DTS sensors are internal in the CPU (near hot spots) and the ITE sensor is an external chip on the mainboard to which various diodes across the system can be connected.

Hey, I know this is an old thread but this issue* still exists. I have an Intel DP43BF motherboard with an ITE sensor, with similar weird readings. Even the +12V rail isn't properly detected. Photos attached (both HWiNFO and BIOS).

*Of course, if it's just an unconnected sensor pin then I guess it's ok to ignore it?

p.s. I've been using HWiNFO for a while now, I really like it and appreciate the work that has gone into it. :)

Attachments

• sensors.png
    sensors.png
    83.4 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20141201_180857787_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20141201_180857787_HDR.jpg
    471.3 KB · Views: 10
Thanks for the report. I'll try to fix this in the next build, though I'm not sure if I can properly adjust those values for this particular mainboard.

Martin said:
Thanks for the report. I'll try to fix this in the next build, though I'm not sure if I can properly adjust those values for this particular mainboard.

Hi, just thought I'd confirm that it's been fixed, it just shows "motherboard" and there's no "temperature 3". Some values are still off, though. (12V; 3.3V is missing now. see image)

Attachments

• ITE_IT8721F_hwinfo_4_50.png
    ITE_IT8721F_hwinfo_4_50.png
    65.9 KB · Views: 6
Back