Kept Crashing after ASUS X370 BIOS Updated to 6302

eesyam

I've been using HWinfo64 for a few months now and everything is going good, I manage to monitor my hardware without any problem. But after I updated my ASUS X370 Crosshair VI Hero's bios to the latest version, the application will crash upon opening.

But the weird thing is that if I open up the application right after my desktop load, it would pose no problem at all and would work normally. However, if I only start to run the application after I had been using my PC for a few minutes, it just won't load. It would stuck at the "Detecting CPU #11" part, and would not load any more. I understand that it could be a problem with the BIOS, I just need to know if there is any way for me to resolve this issue by tinkering with the settings in the software itself.

I will need the HWiNFO Debug File of the crash to analyze this in more detail.

Martin said:
I will need the HWiNFO Debug File of the crash to analyze this in more detail.

Here it is:

[attachment=3150]

I kept freezing at the detecting CPU #11. Hope you could help me with this.

Attachments

• HWiNFO64.DBG
    220.3 KB · Views: 1
This is a BIOS problem, it looks like version 6302 has broken something in WMI hardware monitoring support and crashes when it's queried.
For the time being, until ASUS fixes this in a new BIOS, you can use this workaround: Open the HWiNFO64.INI file and put the following line at the end of the file:
AsusWMI=0

Back