Low CPU (Tctl) temp value

sGzs

Hello. Can you please tell me why is CPU(Tctl) temp so low whilst CPU Package (TSI) is pretty high? Does the Tctl counts its offset as Tdie-offset=Tctl,  or smh else  or it's just a false reading? In your opinion, what's the optimal temp for this CPU (AMD A-10 5800K)?

https://ibb.co/k3D9qs7

It's because CPUs of those series have thermal sensors that cannot provide accurate temperature values.
AMD later declared that Tctl on those series should not be taken as a temperature value in degrees Celsius, rather a value on some virtual scale.
So it's not possible to know the precise core temperature of those CPUs, users should rather rely on additional sensors in socket (CPU).

Martin said:
It's because CPUs of those series have thermal sensors that cannot provide accurate temperature values.
AMD later declared that Tctl on those series should not be taken as a temperature value in degrees Celsius, rather a value on some virtual scale.
So it's not possible to know the precise core temperature of those CPUs, users should rather rely on additional sensors in socket (CPU).

Thank you.

I have an ASUS F2A85-M MB with a AMD A8-5600K APU with Radeon 7560D and have noticed the same different temperature readings with this CPU. However, what I didn't realise was what the MB fan controls were doing. I had repeated shutdowns during hot weather and when the windows 10 software was working hard. Using HWiNFO and checking the BIOS CPU fan control settings I found that the BIOS uses the sensors from the ASUS F2A85-M (ITE IT8603E)CPU readings and NOT from the CPU [#0]: AMD A8-5600K:Enhanced CPU (TSI) and CPU (Tctl) for the CPU Q-Fan Control. Coupled to this, the default settings of the fan and temperatures of the the CPU Q-Fan Control were way out so that basically the fan speed only really increased when it was far too late, causing an overheat and shut down. Yes, I can hear the CPU fan working a lot more now, but no random shutdowns. Also the CHA_Fan Q-Fan Control in the BIOS is linked to the MB temperature readings under the same package. I firmly believe the the Windows 10 package is working the CPU much harder than the original Win 7 package I was initially running.
I thought I would add this in case anybody else is having similar problems.

Back