Memory Dual Channel not detected

city_zen

Hi,
HWiNFO32 is my favorite hardware inventory program. Thanks for developing it.

There is just one bug that seems to keep showing up and it's the fact that my system's memory keeps getting detected as running in Single Channel, while CPU-Z correctly detects as running in Dual Channel.
I'm attaching a screenshot.

Let me know if you need more info.

Attachments

• Memory Single - Dual.png
    Memory Single - Dual.png
    98.6 KB · Views: 2,252
city_zen

That is chip set and hardware mode using Your motherboard? Some combination CPU+Motherboard+Memory chip can't stable work on dual channel mode, also all DRAM/SRAM memory chip use multi matrix architecture for minimize hardware delay timings and CPY-Z can indicate as dual channel simple memory chip bus. Also on Your report I can't read the CPU type - as samples, if Your use AMD Socket-754 CPU, then memory controller on this CPU work's only on single channel mode. On Your report I can't read this technical data. Please check for control at memory controller real use Dual Channel mode the over hardware information tools, example Lavalys Everest (AIDA32) Ultimate Edition. If use this tool on trial mode don't create report, but screen information Your can use for control.

Also Your can use any my bug reports as examples - <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.hwinfo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=13">viewtopic.php?f=5&t=13</a><!-- l -->

Best regards, Victor

Martin said:
Hi,

thanks for your report.
Yes, I need more info - please attach a Report + Debug File.
See http://www.hwinfo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2 for instructions how to create a Debug File.

Martin

OK, I'm attaching a rar file which contains a report and a debug file.
Let me know if you need more info or if I can help you debug it in any other way.

Thanks

Attachments

• Memory Single - Dual Channel.rar
    26.8 KB · Views: 128
  • battery.jpg
    battery.jpg
    247.3 KB · Views: 16
VictorVG said:
city_zen

That is chip set and hardware mode using Your motherboard? Some combination CPU+Motherboard+Memory chip can't stable work on dual channel mode
My system's specs:
- CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6550 2.33 GHz
- Memory: 2 x 1 GB DDR2 PC2-6400 (400 MHz)
- Motherboard/Chipset: MSI MS-7345 / Intel P35 + ICH9R

Both the CPU and the memory are overclocked.

I'm fairly sure I've seen the legend "Dual Channel" on the screen during the computer's boot process, that's why I think CPU-Z is giving the right info and HWiNFO32 is not. Plus, my two memory sticks are identical and installed in alternated slots on the motherboard (as they are supposed to go in order to work in dual channel). We'll see.

Regards,
city_zen

You're welcome. Thanks for the feedback.

city_zen said:
It's fixed!!! :)
HWiNFO32 now detects my memory as running in Dual-Channel.
Thanks a lot for fixing it.

city_zen said:
My system's specs:
- CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6550 2.33 GHz
- Memory: 2 x 1 GB DDR2 PC2-6400 (400 MHz)
- Motherboard/Chipset: MSI MS-7345 / Intel P35 + ICH9R
Your system is far beyond the stability of the of logic circuits, and you have caused a significant decrease in reliability due to the sharp, in the tens of thousands of aging accelerate aging of the semiconductor. Nevertheless, this is your personal right - the system fails after six months or a year - to buy a new systems and pay for data recovery from damaged disks - the bus frequency has increased over the admissible values by 100% leads to failure of devices. It's me you like IT system engineer with practical experience of over 30 years and I can guarantee it. You can take a risk, but the report says that the system works in an invalid mode. Do you think we, as developers of equipment for nothing lay in its provision for operating frequencies and waveform signals? Scatter parameters even with chips per wafer is in the range of 15% - 20%, and from different parties and may reach 30% - 40%. :D

bug still active in latest version of hwinfo32 (3.45-674)

specs:
cpu: core 2 duo e6320
m/b: biostar tforce p965
ram: 2x1gb kit ocz xtc soe pc2-6400

no overclock

[attachment=0]
[attachment=1]

Attachments

• hwinfo-mem-bug.png
    hwinfo-mem-bug.png
    147.6 KB · Views: 2,123
Back