Need a step-by-step guide

LastwPaganBlood

Hey there. New here.

I built a new pc in September with mostly completely new parts. It's been a bit of a rough ride as I've experienced a great deal of crashing, both with and without bluescreen. I've replaced the RAM and the GPU since.
The only thing that's still in the PC (from the old one) right now is the PSU.

Two main issues are crashing and fan noise (from the CPU cooler I expect). The cooler was originally a Dark Rock Pro 4, but it has recently been replaced with a Noctua NH-D15 chromax black.
I find this to be making an absurd amount of noise, even in idle. Noctua is supposed to be the best and their fans are the top of the bench.

I was recommended to begin using HWInfo64 to see if it would make me any smarter about this situation. The main reason I replaced the cooler was because the Dark Rock Pro simply wasn't cooling properly. I was getting temps into the 90's and even 100 c. Suspcious, to say the least. However, the Dark Rock was very very good on noise levels at all times. The new cooler is better on temps (hardly ever goes over 80) but a lot worse on noise. I find this to be very peculiar.

Now to the point. After I started using HwInfo, I immediately found that the bottom column for Pci-E bus errors sometimes goes up into the hundreds. It varies a lot. Often its 0. Other times its 1. Often (and more often now lately) it's three or four hundred errors. It was like that as well before I switched the cooler, hundreds of errors. The fans also seems to make more noise (even in idle) when there's a lot of these errors.

I'm new to this software and I need to find out what those errors are so I can get to the bottom of this once and for all. I'm sick of the crashing and the noise and I've invested so much money into this pc, it's bothering me a lot that I'm still having problems.

The way I understand it, you can manually make a log that tells you where those errors are coming from? I could really use some help with that. If anyone could make a step-by-step guide for how to do that, I would appreciate it a lot. And please assume you're talking to a 4-year old here. Or a golden retriever. I'm not well versed in the lingo of this community (if there is one).

If you need any more information from me, simply request it, I will provide anything you need.

Back