New HWINFO user trying to understand my readings while troubleshooting possible GPU/bios issues

Doomguy-id

EVGA 3090,
i9-9900k,
32gb ddr4 3200mhz oc ram
rm1000x psu
1tb samsung evo plus
2tb 7200 hdd
TUF z390-gaming plus wifi.

New member here trying to figure a few things out! Recently updated my bios to v2820 but had to revert back to v2606 because I had 5-6 smaller black rectangular blocks on my desktop after logging in. Wasn't sure whether it was from my GPU or the bios update itself but it worried me quite frankly. I've only seen it once and figured I might as well try to troubleshoot. I downloaded HWINFO64 and ran the sensors while playing Red Dead Redemption II at 4k for around 15 minutes.

I was hoping some vet members could help me out with a few readings or let me know if anything looks wrong. I understand what GPU temps and memory junction temps (vram temps) are. Although vram is a bit high, I think it's still below throttling. Core temps look alright too but I'm not an expert. However, in regards to my CPU, motherboard readings and essentially the rest, I feel a tad clueless. Even after doing a few google searches/youtube vids, some of the info can be a little confusing. I see readings like total GPU power exceeding 100% and think to myself "Is this normal?"

I took screenshots and added them in order. Is there anything in particular that I should look for aside from my gpu temps? Does anything look wrong in the pics in regards to speeds, CPU, or the GPU itself outside of temps? If anyone could help I would greatly appreciate it. Also, is there a couple things I should be monitoring for future reference when it comes to gaming and making sure components are running alright. Thanks for any help!Screenshot (43).pngScreenshot (44).pngScreenshot (45).pngScreenshot (46).png

Last edited:
Hello Doomguy-id
The temperature on your SSD is really high, suggesting insufficient air intake or exhaust through your case, but it could be a side-effect of being breathed on by that beasty 3090. Power % of TDP < 100% is an indication of the card self-overclocking. It will do this as long as the temperatures are safe.

Back