New system frequently crashing.

szande

First of all I'd like to say hi. I've registered to ask about a potential issue which is bugging me for some time now.

My new system frequent crashing is making me worried.
I've let an external company to setup a PC for me, providing rather general information:
1) Mainly a gaming PC, without everything being flashy with ARGB;
2) AMD CPU with nVidia's RTX 3080 and 32 GBs RAM;
3) Being "modernize-able" for at least next 2-3 years.

The last time I've built my system was around 2013, so I wanted to let "pros" handle it. With rather minimal research these instructions were to get an RTX 3080 LHR 12 GB (they put in Zotac's one); Ryzen 7 5800x (later I decided to kick it up a notch a bit and settled down on Ryzen 9 5900x) with EK 240mm basic, I'm a total newbie if it comes to water cooling and I've been offered getting 360mm version along with a bigger chassis, although I wasn't planning on overclocking that much (that decision would've been different few years ago); G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GB @ 3600 MHz; all these sitting on Asus TUF Gaming x-570 Plus. After a system crash and opening up its UEFI, the sensor which measures it's temperature is showing 55+ C°/~140 F°.

During some initial research I found that these and ROG MOBOs are showing false flags about the temperature (and it was on HWiNFO forum).
I've been out of gaming world for at least few years now, but from what I've noticed and what could be the issue is, except of the CPU's EK water block, PSU's own fan and GPU's fans there is only one 120mm chassis fan.
About overclocking—I've really got no idea what I'm doing, so I'm staying out of any manual settings. These are managed by each manufacturer's software/auto OC.

I'd be thankful for any tips which could help me with identifying the issue and troubleshooting it.
Please excuse me for any language mistakes. English isn't my native language.

Thank you,
szande

Back