On-Die GPU fan speed on GTX 580

catcha

Hi,

I would like to monitor GPU temperature and GPU fan speed on my GTX 580, but NVApi performance is not good and affects my application's performance. I saw that the HwInfo32 tool is displaying GPU temperature and fan speed under "nVidia On-Die @ GPU[#0] nVIDIA GeForce GTX 580 (GF110-375)". Is this means that these values are directly read from the GPU registers ? If yes, would it be possible to have more information about how to access it ?

Thanks!

Yes, the "nVidia On-Die" sensor return values directly from the GPU registers.
Unfortunately the details how to access this is considered confidential and protected by NDA, so I cannot publish it.

catcha said:
Hi,

I would like to monitor GPU temperature and GPU fan speed on my GTX 580, but NVApi performance is not good and affects my application's performance. I saw that the HwInfo32 tool is displaying GPU temperature and fan speed under "nVidia On-Die @ GPU[#0] nVIDIA GeForce GTX 580 (GF110-375)". Is this means that these values are directly read from the GPU registers ? If yes, would it be possible to have more information about how to access it ?

Thanks!

Back