polling issue

its takes 30 seconds to update the values again, I created this DBG file to try and help it happens consistently when I turn off core isolation. works fine with core isolation on but XTU cant run with it on.

Attachments

• HWiNFO64.DBG
    787 KB · Views: 4
its takes 30 seconds to update the values again, I created this DBG file to try and help it happens consistently when I turn off core isolation. works fine with core isolation on but XTU cant run with it on.

Something in the system seems to be heavily blocking access to some CPU-related hardware resources. Are you perhaps running some other hardware monitoring or tweaking tool?
Just to make it clear - this problem happens only with Core isolation OFF?

You said you're also running XTU. So anything else running in background perhaps? It's possible that when another monitoring tool is running too and blocked by HVCI, it could delay others accessing the same resources.

I close every program including XTU and it still happens I also set the bios back to default and it still occurs with core isolation off. turning it on and rebooting instantly fixes it. I have tried many variations, and exclusivity with core isolation is off. I just had a boot where CPUID crashed loading up and it also did the same issue but that was a one-off.

that last pic the pc had just reset and been on for like 2 min when it happened. this pic is the same deal just reset and 2 min on and no issue

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230111_100758.png
    Screenshot_20230111_100758.png
    672.3 KB · Views: 4
Indeed, this is quite weird as I'd expect the exact opposite behavior - problem with HVCI on.
The only explanation would be that something else in the system is trying to access a certain hardware interface which results in blocking others and it does this function only when HVCI is off.

Check if Hyper-V isn't enabled. This sometimes remains enabled even after disabling Core isolation.

It's the virtualization base also for other features like HVCI.
It's better to have it disabled.

Sorry, I don't know how/why exactly this happens. It behaves contrary to what I would expect.
There is a certain interface in the system used to read some sensors/data and with HVCI off accessing this interface takes excessive time. My theory is that something else in the system (some software or the BIOS) is accessing this interface too resulting in collision with HWiNFO as they both fight for it.

Back