Prometheus Adapter for HWiNFO (+ Grafana Dashboard)

masterwishx

Just for some status report of not releasing anything. I've been busy elsewhere, but I'm still on the MQTT implementation. It requires bit of refactoring of the existing codebase, so it wasn't as trivial to add as I initially thought.

I hope to finish it soon-ish.

I'm using Unraid server, but don't have experience with MQTT, so for MQTT export receive, I will need install mosquito (MQTT data broker) docker on server side, for receive all data?

devin_mm

Has anyone been able to add their Corsair AIO to Promdater? I tried the catch all
YAML:
- '(?<MetricName>.*)'

but I am not getting any more information such as my AIO. After I added the line I restarted the promdater service and when that didn't work I rebooted.
My Prometheusmapping.yaml is default except I added that catch all to a line directly above the AggregateValues.

Did I miss something?

Kallex

I'm using Unraid server, but don't have experience with MQTT, so for MQTT export receive, I will need install mosquito (MQTT data broker) docker on server side, for receive all data?

I'm not sure what Unraid runs, but for PromDapter + HWiNFO setup you will need something that runs HWiNFO - that is Windows platform - to begin with. The MQTT in this context is just a protocol-format to output the HWiNFO data into processable format, like Prometheus is as well.

So can you explain a bit more of your systems and goals. Are you looking to monitor Unraid or use it as part of runner to monitor something else?

Kallex

Has anyone been able to add their Corsair AIO to Promdater? I tried the catch all
YAML:
- '(?<MetricName>.*)'

but I am not getting any more information such as my AIO. After I added the line I restarted the promdater service and when that didn't work I rebooted.
My Prometheusmapping.yaml is default except I added that catch all to a line directly above the AggregateValues.

Did I miss something?

Corsair iCue software and HWiNFO have issues together;

My own solution for monitoring Corsair product (PSU in my case) was not to use iCue for monitoring it at all. For AIO where you might need more controlling it might not be feasible case.

Do the sensors/readings appear OK in HWiNFO window? If they do, then it's just about configuring PromDapter properly.

Do you get any metrics out, just the Corsair AIO ones are missing?

The Prometheusmapping.yaml is confusing in the setup, because it installs "original default" under C:\Program Files - but that's not the one to edit. The proper one to edit is the one:

C:\ProgramData\PromDapter\Prometheusmapping.yaml

Can you double check that you edited the right one?

masterwishx

I'm not sure what Unraid runs, but for PromDapter + HWiNFO setup you will need something that runs HWiNFO - that is Windows platform - to begin with. The MQTT in this context is just a protocol-format to output the HWiNFO data into processable format, like Prometheus is as well.

So can you explain a bit more of your systems and goals. Are you looking to monitor Unraid or use it as part of runner to monitor something else?
Sorry, I not explained well I meaned I run HWiNFO with PromDapter in Windows and run Prometheus + Grafana dockers on Unraid Server.
Using HWiNFO Home Cluster.json as Dashboard.
I was thinking I need MQTT docker for receive data but I think for this I can use MQTT builded in grafana, instead Prometheus for data server in Grafana.

Do you want to make work both Prometheus or MQTT in PromDapter?

devin_mm

Corsair iCue software and HWiNFO have issues together;

My own solution for monitoring Corsair product (PSU in my case) was not to use iCue for monitoring it at all. For AIO where you might need more controlling it might not be feasible case.

Do the sensors/readings appear OK in HWiNFO window? If they do, then it's just about configuring PromDapter properly.

Do you get any metrics out, just the Corsair AIO ones are missing?

The Prometheusmapping.yaml is confusing in the setup, because it installs "original default" under C:\Program Files - but that's not the one to edit. The proper one to edit is the one:

C:\ProgramData\PromDapter\Prometheusmapping.yaml

Can you double check that you edited the right one?
Thank you for your detailed reply, sorry for being an idiot I did the one in program files.
The information is showing up in HWInfo just fine, I just made the change in the correct YAML file and it solved my issue.