PSU and AIO Appear in HWiNFO in Windows 7, but not Windows 10 (Dual Booting)

Canister

Hi everyone, its been a long time since I've been here!

I (still) have a Skylake era PC. When I run Windows 7 on it the PSU (Corsair AX860i) and the AIO water cooler (NZXT Kraken 41) show up in HWiNFO. When I boot into Windows 10 (I started dual booting) they are not there in HWiNFO.

Is there something I can do to make them appear in W10? Is there a difference between W7 and W10? Or did I forget to do something?

Thanks!

There should be no difference between Windows 7 and 10.
Please attach the HWiNFO Debug File of both boot options so I can check the details.

Thanks so much, Martin!

Here are the HWiNFO Debug Files. I included three.

1) The Windows 7 debug file with old HWiNFO v.6.24 that has the PSU (Corsair AX860i) and the AIO water cooler (NZXT Kraken 41) included.
2) A Windows 10 debug file with old HWiNFO v.6.24, without the PSU and AIO.
3) A Windows 10 debug file with updated HWiNFO v.7.40, also no PSU and AIO.

I am hoping to get it working as I plan on buying and using your software again. You probably don't remember, but I had been trying to run NZXT's CAM software and was having issues, then I gave up. You and your great software were really helpful then.

Attachments

• HWiNFO Dubug Files.7z
    224.7 KB · Views: 1
I see there's a difference in driver installed for the "Corsair Link(TM) USB Dongle" device and that's the reason why HWiNFO doesn't see it on Windows 10.
Try to check/update those drivers.

I see there's a difference in driver installed for the "Corsair Link(TM) USB Dongle" device and that's the reason why HWiNFO doesn't see it on Windows 10.
Try to check/update those drivers.
So I installed Corsair LINK v4.9.7.35. I think there are newer versions of it, but that was the one on the Corsair page for the AX860i. I remember that being some sketchy software so if anyone has advice on the best version, or if I should use Corsair iCue instead, let me know. The software installed some kind of driver that did show up in Device Manager. And yes! The AX860i now shows up in HWiNFO! I am NOT actively running the Link software (I had to use its settings to disable "Start with Windows").

One down, one to go!

Are there any ideas on how to get the legacy NZXT Kraken 41 AIO to show up? I am afraid of NZXT's Cam software. I posted a story here if anyone wants to know why!

Am I going to have to install Cam, then just not run it?

Oh, and I finally purchased HWiNFO!

Thanks!

NZXT Kraken should be supported by HWiNFO even without CAM, but maybe yours might require some initialization or firmware update. So yes, try to install CAM, run it, check if all is well and updated and then close it.

OK, installing latest Cam didn't work. It simply did not recognize my now quite old AIO.

Then I installed an old version I still had, V3.3.03. I think it is 32-bit. I had to deactivate the services the new Cam and the old Cam installed. I probably should find a version of Cam that is old, but not THAT old. But now HWiNFO can see the AIO!

Thanks, Martin! You did it again!

Back