[QUESTION] About B550M Plus Wifi II

unlucid

Hello guys!
I have a question here, i was wondering do some overclock on my CPU/RAM but the voltages/sensors names doesnt appear correct on program.
How i can help to fix and name all necessary voltages?

I'll upload image from hwinfo on my Asus TUF B550m Plus WIFI II and on my BIOS SCREEN where appears the voltages info (if need more details, contact me)

Obs: the normal b550m plus (no wifi) is a common mobo, so i guess have all sensors named correct, maybe can fix the wifi version using the normal b550m plus

Thank you guys, have a good day!

Screenshot_4.jpgScreenshot_5.jpg305334897_788002792411715_1034744411020169725_n.jpg

I can see you already run 1800MHz and 1:1:1 ratio between MCLK:UCLK:FCLK and you set DRAM voltage at 1.45V.
Is your RAM kit with Samsung B-Die chips? ...and what is the rated XMP/DOCP profile speed?
So how far you want to go on RAM?
Your board does not seem to report a DRAM voltage sensor. But thats not an issue.

Other related DRAM OC voltages are:
1. The SoC (I/O Die) voltage (VDDCR SOC Voltage in your BIOS) that is reported as "SoC Voltage (SVI2 TFN)"
This always is shown a little undervolted in windows and that is a fact on all Ryzen systems. Thats why in BIOS is at 1.1V and you see 1.08V
2. The CLDO VDDP voltage that is for the UCLK (UMC Clock = Unified Memory Controller) does not shown in HWiNFO sensors window on any system/board
3. The VDDG CCD/IOD Voltage(s) that is for FCLK (IF Clock = Infinity Fabric) does not shown in HWiNFO sensors window on any system/board

For 2/3 you have to use the ZenTimings app for a quick glance.
HWiNFO can show these 2 but you have to dig in into other modes to see them and its not very convenient.

Untitled_002.png

-----------------------------------------------

What do you mean about CPU OC?
If you intend to OC the CPU at static speed and voltage then I cant help you, and even if I could I wouldn't, as I do not recommend this kind of setup for a Ryzen CPU. We are not living in 2000~2015 any more.

If you want to use and setup PBO limits, Curve Optimizer and Boost Clock Override... its a completely different story.

Most of the voltages on the BIOS screenshot cannot be monitored, the BIOS only reports values it is setting.

I can see you already run 1800MHz and 1:1:1 ratio between MCLK:UCLK:FCLK and you set DRAM voltage at 1.45V.
Is your RAM kit with Samsung B-Die chips? ...and what is the rated XMP/DOCP profile speed?
So how far you want to go on RAM?
Your board does not seem to report a DRAM voltage sensor. But thats not an issue.

Other related DRAM OC voltages are:
1. The SoC (I/O Die) voltage (VDDCR SOC Voltage in your BIOS) that is reported as "SoC Voltage (SVI2 TFN)"
This always is shown a little undervolted in windows and that is a fact on all Ryzen systems. Thats why in BIOS is at 1.1V and you see 1.08V
2. The CLDO VDDP voltage that is for the UCLK (UMC Clock = Unified Memory Controller) does not shown in HWiNFO sensors window on any system/board
3. The VDDG CCD/IOD Voltage(s) that is for FCLK (IF Clock = Infinity Fabric) does not shown in HWiNFO sensors window on any system/board

For 2/3 you have to use the ZenTimings app for a quick glance.
HWiNFO can show these 2 but you have to dig in into other modes to see them and its not very convenient.

View attachment 8178

-----------------------------------------------

What do you mean about CPU OC?
If you intend to OC the CPU at static speed and voltage then I cant help you, and even if I could I wouldn't, as I do not recommend this kind of setup for a Ryzen CPU. We are not living in 2000~2015 any more.

If you want to use and setup PBO limits, Curve Optimizer and Boost Clock Override... its a completely different story.
First of all, thank you for reply.
Yes my dram are b-die chips, i was wondering to get 4000mhz but always used the hw informations/dram calculator for OC.

When i try zentimmings i got a error msg "I/O drivers is not responding or not loaded", thats why i was using hwinfo for get voltages values.

i was thinking in first OC the ram and then OC the Ryzen cpu, idk if i will set fixed clock or use PBO, its a next step after right setting the ram

Very few mainboard/CPU/Dram combos can achieve 4000 on DRAM and have all subsystems synched at 1:1:1 (2000) without WHEA errors/warnings.
Typically any Ryzen5000series can do at least 1900MHz (3800 DRAM) error free.
So 1900MHz should be your goal and if any more is doable consider it as a treat.

PBO on 5000series is a very powerful tool if you know how to set it.
Static OC is dead to me long ago and users shouldn’t still exercise this practice on the last couple of Ryzen series. Static OC is killing the dynamic nature of these CPUs and potentially can kill the chips too in the long run.
Even excess usage of PBO settings can degrade the CPU in the long run.

I reach stable 3733 with 14-14-14-28, but was a intensive work (i was hope the b-die kits are more easy to oc) the voltages are high on bios... (vdimm 1.48v / soc 1.168 / ccd 1.075 / iod 1.075 / vddp 1.050)

I was following the dram calculator v1.73 but if i set recommended or max voltages, my system wont boot. So i have to increase some parameters to boot my system.
The OC passed on TM5 and didnt found any WHEAs on hwinfo, but when i go to play VALORANT or CSGO, my game just crash/close without any error.
I have tested 3600 with AUTO timmings and both games didnt close. I dont understand why im having this problems, my system are stable.

Any suggestions?

Back