question reg Xeon detected as ES

dude05

Hi, HW info detected my 2687W v3 xeons as Engineering sample QFS7. But on top of the chip it says 2687W v3 SR1Y6 with all the details. is this a bug or someone really sold me an ES??

pics attached

Attachments

• CPU1.PNG
    CPU1.PNG
    274.7 KB · Views: 5
  • CPUES.PNG
    CPUES.PNG
    34.1 KB · Views: 2
  • viber image.jpg
    viber image.jpg
    227.4 KB · Views: 2
This is probably one of the intermediate (last) ES -> Production units that did have the ES flag set, but sent to manufacturing as production units.
There should be almost no difference between such units and the production ones.
If you scroll down a bit in the CPU information and under "CPU JKT/IVT/HSW Features" see "CPU Stepping: M1", that should confirm it.

Martin said:
This is probably one of the intermediate (last) ES -> Production units that did have the ES flag set, but sent to manufacturing as production units.
There should be almost no difference between such units and the production ones.
If you scroll down a bit in the CPU information and under "CPU JKT/IVT/HSW Features" see "CPU Stepping: M1", that should confirm it.

stepping says M0/M1

:(

Please see more below, under the "CPU JKT/IVT/HSW Features" section - there should be another entry for stepping.

Martin said:
Please see more below, under the "CPU JKT/IVT/HSW Features" section - there should be another entry for stepping.

its M1 there. does that mean its all ok?? i was looking at selling off this on ebay and get the v4 of the same. will it make people suspecious to buy this unit?

I think that should be OK.
You can try to explain them that this part was probably improperly marked as ES in the chip (such mistakes sometimes happen), but all other parameters of this unit are same as production ones.

Martin said:
I think that should be OK.
You can try to explain them that this part was probably improperly marked as ES in the chip (such mistakes sometimes happen), but all other parameters of this unit are same as production ones.

screenshot from intel processor utility. does it mean something?

Attachments

• InteA.PNG
    InteA.PNG
    115.1 KB · Views: 6
  • InteB.PNG
    InteB.PNG
    113.4 KB · Views: 3
  • InteC.PNG
    InteC.PNG
    111.3 KB · Views: 3
Martin said:
It detects the ES flag, same as HWiNFO does.

thank you. i just saw it. i was told a pop up window comes up and and tell me the same. so didnt care to read the full thing below. thanks again. :)

Back