Questions regarding the temperature sensors

patrickbremm

Attached,

I put the image of the result of the temperatures of the CPU, only it is bringing several lines with CPU, which left me in doubt is: the motherboard trouce 2 cpu? because? Taking advantage if they can explain all lines regarding the temperature of the CPU.

thank you.

Attachments

• cpu.sensor.png
    cpu.sensor.png
    39 KB · Views: 16
The first set of CPU temperatures (beneath the CPU sensor) is straight from the CPU die, however these readings are not accurate on many AMD CPUs because of a flawed diode.
The second set (MSI 970...) should show the socket temperature (diode close to the CPU socket) and probably another internal CPU temperature (assuming it's the second one). To be sure you might check with the MSI CoreCenter tool which one correlates with it.

Martin said:
The first set of CPU temperatures (beneath the CPU sensor) is straight from the CPU die, however these readings are not accurate on many AMD CPUs because of a flawed diode.
The second set (MSI 970...) should show the socket temperature (diode close to the CPU socket) and probably another internal CPU temperature (assuming it's the second one). To be sure you might check with the MSI CoreCenter tool which one correlates with it.

Thanks for the reply to complement my question.

The CPU cooler I use held a phenom II 940 3Ghz TDP of 140W.

With FX8350, games HWMonitor and Hwinfo brings that hit 70 C, just getting concerned about this temperature, and looked for new programs, if you look in the picture will find a sensor that reaches 70 C, this would be the one to be displayed in HWMonitor.

What strikes me is that the 8350 has a lower TDP, and heats up more than the phenom sitado up? Or is it a bug?

I remember the phenom, gave problem in temperature sensor when I left with clock calibration. Will disable and inform here really will have a real temperature.

It is not quite clear what temperatures are safe for some AMD CPUs, but I've seen recommendations to run <65 C (or <70) for core, which should be OK in your case.
Not sure which of the temperatures under the MSI sensor reflect core or socket, MSI should know that.
You might check cooler mounting or application of thermal paste.

Martin said:
It is not quite clear what temperatures are safe for some AMD CPUs, but I've seen recommendations to run <65 C (or <70) for core, which should be OK in your case.
Not sure which of the temperatures under the MSI sensor reflect core or socket, MSI should know that.
You might check cooler mounting or application of thermal paste.

So I just found out that the defect of the sensor equals the phenom FX.

As I found easy, you turn off core calibration, cool and quiet in the bios. For the FX 8350, it is the constant 4Ghz without the boost clock (4,2Ghz).

I played a bit in CS GO before reached 70 C, made the above does not step 50 C. I had this problem too in phenom II. 50 C is great. Too bad already bought the water cooler (laughter).

I will try to turn the clock boost to 4,2Ghz.

It is like tip, who have this problem in the sensors, only disable core calibration, quiet and cool. Oh you have the correct temperatures. What makes me safe to say this is: my cooler holding phenom II x4 940 tdp 140W at 60 C.

Back