RX 580 support?

DaBallger

So I recently been reviewing and testing various RX 480 & RX 580 models, I've noticed that while Overclocking and stress testing all the RX 480 would report Gpu memory errors when hitting your max overclock. Now with my 1st RX 580 testing the XFX RX-580 GTS Black Edition (RX-580P8DBD6) (1425OC+/1405TrueCore) I noticed I was able to hit 2600MHz on the memory while benchmarking and HWinfo64 never reported any gpu memory errors. I say this because I did notice some visual graphical memory errors while in some test and in games,but no report from within HWinfo. Could it be a sensor not present or HWinfo 5.5 just not fully compatible with RX 580 ([size=small]Polaris20 XTX) yet?  :huh: [/size]

I haven't been yet able to test a RX 580, so I can't say this for sure. But I was expecting this to work the same way as for the RX 480, since the RX 580 is just a new stepping.
Do you see the "GPU Memory Errors" sensor there always reporting 0, or is it not present at all.
Also if you would attach the HWiNFO Debug File I could perhaps see something more there...

Martin said:
I haven't been yet able to test a RX 580, so I can't say this for sure. But I was expecting this to work the same way as for the RX 480, since the RX 580 is just a new stepping.
Do you see the "GPU Memory Errors" sensor there always reporting 0, or is it not present at all.
Also if you would attach the HWiNFO Debug File I could perhaps see something more there...

"GPU Memory Errors" is present yes .. just reporting 0 whole time. I will attach the debug file hopefully we can see whats going on. Thx and hope it helps.

Hey Martin, I tried attaching my debug file to my reply. If it didn't upload, how do I get it to you or attach it?

Thanks. I checked the data and it looks OK - EDC seems to be enabled in the GPU, so the counters should be working. They just report 0.
Let me check this with AMD...

Wow that's crazy to think this card really is pulling off 2600MHz on the Vram with 0 errors!!! Thanks for looking into this, and I'm glad to see it wasn't a compatibility issue with the RX-580's

Back