Sensors Abbreviations

CoolGuy

Hello guys reading this post. I m new to HWiNFO and their abbreviations are confusing me a lot. If you can, could you explain the following abbreviations? thanks a lot.

VCC3V
Vcore
VIN2
VIN3
3VSB
VBAT
(they're all voltages)

They are listed under a heading called Fintek F71808A/E, I don't thinks that's the motherboard because the motherboard is a Pegatron 2ACF.

Also under the Fintek F71808A/E are 4 temperature readings:

- CPU (always about 6 degrees higher than core temp, around 90F at idle)
- Auxiliary (temperature mainly constant and fluctuates only a little, around 90F)
- CPU DTS
- Max

There is a temperature reading that i can relate it is the core temperature because it varies directly with the cpu usage, it increase the second the usage is high and decreases the second the usage is dropped.

Screenshot was taken during idle condition.

Attachments

• 21.jpg
    21.jpg
    187.6 KB · Views: 26
OK, so let's begin with Fintek F71808A/E - this is the sensor chip placed on mainboard which reads all temperature/voltage/fan inputs placed across the mainboard and evaluates them. This chip has multiple inputs, but there's no way to universally know which input belongs to which particular value (i.e. the sensor has 4 temperature inputs let's call them T1-T4, but anyone reading its values does not know if T1 is the CPU temperature or T2 mainboard). This depends how particular mainboard vendor connects the inputs, so if a program want to report proper values, it needs to know about each mainboard vendor and model to make proper assignments.
In your case (Pegatron 2ACF) HWiNFO doesn't know about this model, so it displays a sort of universal values/assignments. That means it's not guaranteed that the CPU temperature displayed here really belongs to CPU, though in most cases this might be true. VCC3V is the +3.3V input voltage, Vcore should be the CPU input voltage, VINx are voltage inputs for which HWiNFO doesn't know where they belong to.
If you want me to do proper assignments, I'd need from you the correct values - these might be displayed by a mainboard vendor's monitoring tool, or in the BIOS Setup / System Health. So please post a screenshot or photo here along with the HWiNFO Report file and I can try to update it.

Martin said:
OK, so let's begin with Fintek F71808A/E - this is the sensor chip placed on mainboard which reads all temperature/voltage/fan inputs placed across the mainboard and evaluates them. This chip has multiple inputs, but there's no way to universally know which input belongs to which particular value (i.e. the sensor has 4 temperature inputs let's call them T1-T4, but anyone reading its values does not know if T1 is the CPU temperature or T2 mainboard). This depends how particular mainboard vendor connects the inputs, so if a program want to report proper values, it needs to know about each mainboard vendor and model to make proper assignments.
In your case (Pegatron 2ACF) HWiNFO doesn't know about this model, so it displays a sort of universal values/assignments. That means it's not guaranteed that the CPU temperature displayed here really belongs to CPU, though in most cases this might be true. VCC3V is the +3.3V input voltage, Vcore should be the CPU input voltage, VINx are voltage inputs for which HWiNFO doesn't know where they belong to.
If you want me to do proper assignments, I'd need from you the correct values - these might be displayed by a mainboard vendor's monitoring tool, or in the BIOS Setup / System Health. So please post a screenshot or photo here along with the HWiNFO Report file and I can try to update it.

I believe mine is a Fintek F71808A, HWiNFO shows 3 voltages over 3V and 3 voltages around 1V, exactly consistence with what Fintek specified: 3 internal voltages and 3 external. Also, according to Fintek, they say F71808A has 2 dual thermal sensors (a total of 4), which is consistence with the 4 thermal sensors HWiNFO shown. They say "2 dual current type (±3°C) thermal inputs for CPU thermal diode and 2N3906 transistors." So I believe there are 2 sensors are for the cpu and 2 for the transistors. This explained why "CPU" and "Auxiliary" readings are nearly identical (~4°F apart from each other) and "CPU DTS" and "Max" readings are identical (~0.5°F apart from each other).

But one thing, how come the "CPU" and "Auxiliary" readings are around 90F when CPU is idling? The CPU core sensor only shows high 60s to low 70s.

This is where i got the F71808 specs: http://www.fintek.com.tw/files/productfiles/F71808A_ab.pdf

Hi,

This post is related to my issue so I figured I'd ask in here.

Just got an HP P7 1414 running an AMD A8 5500. the Fintek sensor marked "T1" is showing 231 degrees Celsius. That has to be high right. I looked on http://www.fintek.com.tw/files/productfiles/F71808A_ab.pdf and it says the range is 40c to 127c. But it also says there should be a t1-t4 so maybe it's adding them together?

Also I only have a package temp idling at around 50c. The only other cpu temps I have are listed under the network adapter which show around 3c idle.

I bought the HP because my Acer was getting the blue screen for over heating. I replaced the heat sink and paste on it but it's still over heating so any help with my HP issues are greatly appreciated.

Coretemp show's no temp readings at all by the way.

Screenshot ATTACHED

Thank You.

Attachments

• hwinfotemps.png
    hwinfotemps.png
    81 KB · Views: 13
The T1 value is definitively out of range. This is a common behavior if a sensor input is not connected to a temperature diode on a particular mainboard. So this value should be ignored on your machine.

The other CPU core temperature (including the integrated GPU) comes from the internal AMD CPU diode, which is flawed and doesn't provide correct values at lower temperatures. This problem has been acknowledged by AMD, but there's no solution for it.

I know it's been a while since i posted about this. But during the winter it hasn't been too much of an issue. I've contacted HP support since I'm still under warranty and they're stumped as how to check the temp on my machine. Have there been any updates to hwi that might help read my temps? Or can you suggest any other methods to check my component temps?

It's getting hot out and my machine is already slowing down. Thank You.

I'm sorry, there are no updates on my side. HP knows best about their machines, since they designed it...

Martin said:
I'm sorry, there are no updates on my side. HP knows best about their machines, since they designed it...

Thank You for the reply. And Thank You for hwi. I use it all the time and it works great. This is definitely an HP or AMD issue.

Back