Several voltages on Winbond / Nuvoton W83667HG sensor are shown with halved values after upgrade to 6.28 version(ASUS P5Q-PRO motherboard)

evgen_kitz

+12V, +5V and VIN6 voltages are shown with halved values in 6.28 version, 6.26 version shows them correctly. Please see reports and dumps both these versions in the attach.

Attachments

• 6.28+6.26 versions Dump+Report.zip
    290.3 KB · Views: 6
Thanks, shall be fixed in the next build.
But not sure about VIN6 as this doesn't seem to be used on that board. Do you assume it's the DRAM voltage?

VIN6 is not DRAM voltage - I tried to change DRAM voltage in BIOS from 1.8V to 2.0V but VIN6 value has not been changed.
According to datasheet on W83667HG it has 8 voltage inputs (CPUVCORE, VIN[0..2] and 3VCC, AVCC, 3VSB, VBAT).
VIN[0..2] inputs mensuare 0..2.044V range and I suppose that they are used for meansuring via voltage divider 12V, 5V and 5V standby values(last item is shown by Aida64 so I think that it is taken from one of these pins). Because of this I think that VIN6 is one of the following: 3VCC, AVCC, VBAT(taking into account that 3VSB label is corresonded to its value). Also please note that HWiNFO shows two different 3.3V values with the same label "+3.3V", so one of them should be also changed to avoid confusion.
Could you please add all other voltage values from this sensor to HWiNFO(I mean that it would be nice to have: +12V, +5V, +5VSB, CPUVCORE, 3VCC, AVCC, 3VSB and VBAT) and correct incorrect "+3.3V" label?

P.S.: Please see the datasheet in the attach.

Thanks a lot.

Attachments

• 52065_W83667HG.zip
    3.7 MB · Views: 8
HWiNFO is currently showing both +3.3V values with correct labels: AVCC and 3VCC.
I don't think that system is capable of monitoring +5VSB, it does monitor 3VSB instead which is shown in HWiNFO.

Thanks a lot.

The following was fixed: +12V, +5V items have correct values.

VIN6 item shows about 1.8V, similar value is only for DRAM in my BIOS but it is something other. What address is used for reading VIN6? I want to undestand for which pin this item shows voltage value. If I have enough time this weekend I will check this pin in my motherboard.

Is it possible to add VBAT item?

I have checked 109 pin and it is not used in this motherboard. The measured value is an induced voltage: if connect a voltmeter or pull-down 100k resistor then the value becams 0V, the multimiter shows several milivolts on this pin. Also I connected 1.5V to this pin and HWiNFO displayed it(correctly with Multiply=2) so it is realy this pin.

What about VBAT item? It it possible to add it? From my point of view it is usefull item.

Thanks a lot.

This discussion is 2 years old but i post here cause im interessted about VIN6.
My system which i still use is based on an Asus P5Q Deluxe board, together with a Quadcore, 8Gig ddr2 and a GTX 560 Ti plus
a Corsair PSU of 550W which caused problems in the past. It burned to graphiccards!
The 2 Cards were connected to the 2x 6pin PCIe wires. Both cards got same problem after 2 Months after using with the 2x 6Pin PCIe cables.
After a spontanious reboot i had only like 65536 Colors displayed with a maxim possiable resolution of 800x600 pixel.
One was a Nvidia the other one an AMD Card. After that i used a weak Card for like 1 year (without in need of a PCIe 6Pin connector) and the Crad didnt get burned.

Now the interessting Part comes (for me): I used now the GTX 560ti for a while with 2 Molex -> PCIe 6Pin adapter to avoid to burn a 3rd Card.
It worked fine but when i started a game the VIN6 changed which HWinfo shows me. It goes from 1.18volt to 2.2volt and it also shows a drop to a minimum of 0.0 volt.

Since yesterday i use again the 2xPCIe 6Pin cables. And what i see: VIN6 didnt drop anymore to 0.0 volt.
Now i got a range of 1.8-2.2 volt with a minimum of 1.6 volt. So i think VIN6 have to be for sure something to do with the power supply over the PCIe 6 Pin connectors.

I opened the Corsair PSU to take a look in it, and everything looks normal. No popped capacitors or else.
So did some of you Guys have an idea, what could be wrong there?

(at all the system runs nice....absolutely Prime stable, no bluescreens or else)

If your Corsair 550W PSU fried 2 graphics cards, and you are using Molex to PCIE power adapters to power a 3rd GPU so it doesn't get fried, perhaps you should consider replacing the Corsair power supply! If there is really something wrong with it, I would replace it before it fries something else or fails catastrophically.

Corsair does not design or build power supplies. Like many companies, they buy them from OEM's. Because of this, there is little consistency. Some models are great but others are complete dogs. I don't know exactly which one you have but it sounds like replacing it would be your best move. If you still like Corsair, you can pick up a 550 watt 80 Plus Bronze for between $45 and $85 depending on the model. Probably cheaper if you shop around.

If your Corsair 550W PSU fried 2 graphics cards, and you are using Molex to PCIE power adapters to power a 3rd GPU so it doesn't get fried, perhaps you should consider replacing the Corsair power supply! If there is really something wrong with it, I would replace it before it fries something else or fails catastrophically.

Corsair does not design or build power supplies. Like many companies, they buy them from OEM's. Because of this, there is little consistency. Some models are great but others are complete dogs. I don't know exactly which one you have but it sounds like replacing it would be your best move. If you still like Corsair, you can pick up a 550 watt 80 Plus Bronze for between $45 and $85 depending on the model. Probably cheaper if you shop around.
Hi, you missunderstood me. The PSU burnt 2 Cards but one after one. After the first Card was burnt (it was 2 years and 2 month old, so 2 months out of warranty) i thought ok, warranty gone card broken...nice....Then i bought a new one (Nvidia), plugged the 2 PCIe 6pin on the card. After 2 Months it was burned and showed the same issue like the first card: 65536 colors only and resolution with maximum of 800x600. So from this moment it was clear for me, it have to be the PSU or the Mainboard. But i was pretty sure that it came from the PSU. So then i used an old card which didnt need extra power supply via PCIe 6 Pin connectors. After more than one year, the card was still running and i was sure it have to be the Corsair PSU. Now i had another card, the GTX 560ti and used it with 2 Molex->PCIe 6 Pin adaters. But that made a cable mess. So i used last days again the 2 6Pin connectors and i have seen in HWinfo, that VIN6 stopped jumping from 1,8 volt upto 2,2 volt and down to zero volt and i would like to now what is going wrong there.
If i would know it, i could repair it maybe...I am that kind of guy which first try to repair things, before i buy something new.

And i know that Corsair PSUs were produced or are still produced by another company. Its Seasonic if im not wrong. But thats not the point.
For me its very interessting to know more about VIN6.
If i cant fix the probem i will buy a new PSU in future, but if its possible i want to repair it.

I think I did understand that you think the PSU fried the first 2 GPU's after about 2 months. Your old card that did not require additional PCIE power connections did not fail. Then you put in the GTX 560ti with the Molex to PCIE power adapters, but then took those out and used the original 2 PCIE power cables. That is when you noticed that VIN6 no longer dropped to 0V. I don't know what VIN6 is on that Asus P5Q mobo, or why it was jumping from 1.8V up to 2.2V, and down to 0V min, or why it now has stopped doing that. It's a quite old model. From the Asus support site it looks like they stopped supporting it in the Windows 7 days.

It's commendable that you want to fix the PSU rather than replace it. The only thing that comes to mind is there may be a leaky cap in there somewhere. Some capacitors can degrade over time. If that PSU is as old as the motherboard, it could have a bad cap. That or maybe a bad voltage regulator. The strange part is that now it seems to be working. Good luck, whatever you decide to do.

Corsair OEM's - It could have been manufactured by Seasonic. I am pretty sure that Corsair buys OEM supplies from multiple manufacturers so there is no guarantee that yours is a Seasonic. You could ask on the Corsair forum. I don't know if Corsair will share this information.

I have an ASUS P5Q (without any further names.) I had a look on both the boardview file and took some pictures. On my board pin 109 is also floating and I get what looks like random values for in6/VIN2.

Back