Strange Memory Statistics On One Module Of Four

nomisuke

So I've been getting BSOD errors with stop code CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED. After many tests including SFC, CHKDSK, DISM, and a myriad of other troubleshooting attempts, I have narrowed my issue down to my RAM. Before I start testing each individual 16GB stick I wanted to know if anyone has experienced this particular issue that can be seen from the included photos.

Each module should have the exact same model number and die count. Each pair of modules in the pack are one serial number after the other (one pair ends in 80 and 81 and the other in 04 and 05). I haven't checked which module yet, but one of them is showing a ÿ where the letter D should be in the model number. That same module also shows a die count of 7 whereas the other modules show a die count of 1 (I know this isn't correct, but the variance is what bothers me and not the fact that there is more than 1 die).

Could this be a bad module? Should I RMA this and its twin to Corsair? I've disabled DOCP and PBO for now, but this issue just started recently while DOCP and PBO have been on for over 2 years with no other issues. Nevertheless, I figured I'd be safe.

I plan to run MemTest86 on all 4 modules. It's just going to take a while and I wanted to chat with some users, first.

ASUS TUF GAMING X570 Plus (Wi-Fi)
AMD Ryzen 5 5600X
4x16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600 MHz CL18 RAM
ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3070
Antec HCG 750W PSU
Lian Li LANCOOL II Case
NZXT Kraken X53
Samsung 980 PRO 500 GB NVMe SSD (OS)
Samsung 970 Evo 599 GB NVMe SSD (games)

Attachments

• DDR4_01.png
    DDR4_01.png
    129.9 KB · Views: 5
  • DDR4_02.png
    DDR4_02.png
    128.5 KB · Views: 5
  • DDR4_03.png
    DDR4_03.png
    128.7 KB · Views: 4
  • DDR4_04.png
    DDR4_04.png
    109.5 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Try to start HWiNFO multiple times and if you get the same results then this might indicate a problem in the DIMM EEPROM (SPD).
Such issue could happen if you were running DIMM RGB controlling software. This software can collide with others and in some cases result in overwriting of SPD EEPROM on DIMM.

Try to start HWiNFO multiple times and if you get the same results then this might indicate a problem in the DIMM EEPROM (SPD).
Such issue could happen if you were running DIMM RGB controlling software. This software can collide with others and in some cases result in overwriting of SPD EEPROM on DIMM.
Thank you. Restarted the PC and HWiNFO64 multiple times with the same result. I have tried to use RGB-controlling software in the past, but the DIMMs are not RGB. However, I understand how the software could corrupt the controller, regardless. It just seems like a harmless error. I'm still going to run MemTest86 over the next 4 nights just to be sure.

What other software could you suggest that would read that information so I can compare it across all 4 modules? I know I could Google it, but I'd like to stay in-house if I can.

Thaiphoon Burner is the one I was thinking of. Thank you!

I ran MemTest86 with that DIMM by itself in slot A2 (recommended for single-module operation on that board) and it passed. Crossing my fingers that reseating them did the trick.

Back