Total Wattage

Tchaps

Hi guys, I have a simple question: How I know what is the total power consumption of my system? It shows a lot of single consumptions, but what I need to add to know total? I don't think it's all these values...
My system: AMD Ryzen 7 @3.3Ghz with undervolt to 1.0v and a MSI B350 PC Mate with undervolt to 0.9v
Here's a picture in iddle:

watt.jpg

Here's a picture full load:

watt_2.jpg

Thanks!

You would need to have a PSU that's able to measure total wattage, otherwise the only way is to buy a dedicated device for measuring power consumption at the wall socket.
From the screenshots you can estimate the power consumption of the CPU only, which is the CPU Package Power (SMU) value.

Martin said:
You would need to have a PSU that's able to measure total wattage, otherwise the only way is to buy a dedicated device for measuring power consumption at the wall socket.
From the screenshots you can estimate the power consumption of the CPU only, which is the CPU Package Power (SMU) value.
All CPU consumption is CPU Package Power? I thought is CPU Package Power + CPU+SoC Power... so in Full Load my CPU consumption is 53.066 instead of 111.6 (53.066 + 58.535)?
Thanks

Yes, it's only CPU Package Power (53.066 W). But don't take this as the absolute accurate value as it's measured by the CPU and not all rails can be truly measured.

Martin said:
Yes, it's only CPU Package Power (53.066 W). But don't take this as the absolute accurate value as it's measured by the CPU and not all rails can be truly measured.

Ok, thank you! Great program, by the way =D

I can confirm this statement. The sensors only show the power used by the CPU, not by other devices or GPU.
Test method:
- Measure PC power consumption with a Voltcraft sem6000.
- Use Folding@home software to put CPU and/or GPU to full load or idle.

Readings:
CPU load​
GPU load​
Package power [W]​
Voltcraft [W]​
10%​
0%​
15​
70​
100%​
0%​
57​
121​
20%​
100%​
33​
200​
100%​
100%​
59​
230​
Maybe as a rule of thumb:
PC power consumption is twice as high a CPU power consumption
Using GPU on full load doubles this again.

Back