When I run the software, I get PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

wes1099

When I run this software, I get the PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA blue screen, and I have to restart my computer. This is very frustrating. I am running Windows 8 x64 8gb RAM with an AMD A6-4400M processor. I am starting to wonder if there is a compatibility issue with Windows 8. I have run RAM tests and my ram is 100% ok. I never get this error until I run this software. I have tried both the 64 bit and 32 bit versions of this software, and both of them crash my PC. Please help.

You seem to have an USB HDD attached to the machine and when HWiNFO tries to query its S.M.A.R.T. status, it crashes.
Please try to disconnect this drive from machine to see if that really causes the issue and let me know the result.

Martin said:
You seem to have an USB HDD attached to the machine and when HWiNFO tries to query its S.M.A.R.T. status, it crashes.
Please try to disconnect this drive from machine to see if that really causes the issue and let me know the result.

You are half correct. I do have a USB HDD but I do not have it with me, and it was not plugged in when I ran the software. Could it be looking at my SD card that is being used for ready boost?

Indeed, I was wrong. I can see a PCIe card reader (Realtek) which seems to act as a disk drive and that confused HWiNFO. When it tried to query it, its driver caused a system crash. I'm not sure if you can remove the SD card, nevertheless I'll try to implement a workaround for this situation.

Back