Which settings do I check to prevent possible future bugs/crashes?

dfg555

I sometimes experience some bugs that are random ranging from system crash to slow external HDD access and other unexplainable things. For now it seems to be stable after updating hwinfo, windows and hiding/disabling monitoring values. I was wondering what settings should I have only checked if all I care about are monitoring these following sensors? As you can see I have 121 hidden values but I'm not sure if they are still being monitored and one of them might be contributing to the random errors I might potential get down the future.

https://i.imgur.com/4plvbCD.png

Windows 10 v1803
Ryzen 7 2700X
ASUS X470-F ROG STRIX v4018 BIOS
Noctua NH-D15 4-pin PWM CPU Air Cooler
120GB SSD
1TB HDD

Most of the value you have hidden should not be causing any issues.
Usually potentially problematic sensors are ASUS EC and SMART status, but this is only on very few systems.

Martin said:
Most of the value you have hidden should not be causing any issues.
Usually potentially problematic sensors are ASUS EC and SMART status, but this is only on very few systems.

I unchecked CSMI SAS, ATA Statistics and other sensors/values since I don't need these measurements and it seems to have fixed the external USB HDD issue I had. However I'm not sure about "Evaluate ACPI Methods", are any of the sensors I'm currently monitoring require that? Also do I even need "CPU Clock Measurement" at all when all I'm monitoring are the frequencies? I assume I do since clock and frequencies are tied/related to each other?

https://i.imgur.com/EkxhhXd.png

You don't need "Evaluate ACPI Methods" and for "CPU Clock Measurement" the recommended settings is "Bus Clock-based".

Martin said:
You don't need "Evaluate ACPI Methods" and for "CPU Clock Measurement" the recommended settings is "Bus Clock-based".

I see thanks for that. I also disabled any "GPU I2C" related checkboxes since I'm not monitoring the GPU at all. Hopefully this "minimalistic" sensor monitoring results in my PC not resulting in errors.

Back