Which temps should I be looking at?

Wr3cklessAnt1cs

So I'm new to HWiNFO, this is my first time using it. I downloaded it because a Rainmeter package requires it to display my CPU and GPU temps.

So here's my setup:

CPU: AMD FX 9590 - OC via BIOS X Boost (if that's even considered OC)
Motherboard: ASRock 970A-G/3.1
Cooling: DEEPCOOL Captain 240EX
RAM: 8GB (2x Corsair Vengeance 4GB 1600)
PSU: EVGA 500w semi-modular
GPU: Sapphire AMD Radeon R7 240 2GB

Everything is all brand new, except the Radeon R7 (Damn prices for all GPUs are way too high)

So my question is, which temps should I be looking at to monitor my CPU? HWiNFO is giving a bunch of different readings, and CoreTemp is reading a flat 0C/32F.

Screenshot of HWiNFO attached.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• 2.PNG
    2.PNG
    76.2 KB · Views: 17
  • 3.PNG
    3.PNG
    79.2 KB · Views: 12
Wondering the same thing myself!

I have a 5 year old Dell AIO = 

The "CPU" temp is over 100 - is that correct?

What does "Core Max" measure?

Should I worry about the "Motherboard" and "SYSTIN1/2/3" temps?

There are also temps for "GPU Thermal Diode" and "GPU TS0 (DispIO)" - which one should I monitor?

By the way, thank you so much for making this awesome software and giving it away for free - you da man!

"CPU" temp in this case is most probably an invalid sensor because all core temperatures are significantly lower.
"Core Max" is the maximum value among all cores at given time.
"GPU Thermal Diode" should be the relevant one for GPU.

Martin said:
"CPU" temp in this case is most probably an invalid sensor because all core temperatures are significantly lower.
"Core Max" is the maximum value among all cores at given time.
"GPU Thermal Diode" should be the relevant one for GPU.

Thanks for the reply!

Are the "Motherboard" and "SYSTIN" temps also invalid, as they all seem to be nearly the same?

Hard to say.. That depends on mainboard design and I have no information about sensor layout of that (proprietary) mainboard.

Back