Windows 11 rong cpu freq

Vicious

Hi, Just installed win11 and also get wrong reading under v7.04-4500, showing speeds of 20ghz instead of 4.7ghz. See screenshot attached + log file (you can see the error in reading)

Windows task manager reports correct values (also attached).

Hope this helps.

Ps: Thanks for the awesome software !

1628274624087.png
1628274728013.png

Attachments

• bladepro.txt
    136.3 KB · Views: 2

Martin

HWiNFO Author
Staff member
The operating system seems to be blocking access to some CPU registers that are used to determine current BCLK.
Is there perhaps some sort of virtualization active or Core Isolation?

Vicious

Well, there is virtualisation enabled but this is a bare metal install, also i made use to disable core isolation while I was under win10 (had no intent on getting 11 but needed insider features) The issue is that i can no longer access the windows security settings as the setting panel itself seems to be missing (see attanched). I assue that with 11 they enabled core isolation but there is no way of checking with gui, do you have the reg addresses needed to check if it is enabled or not in regedit ?

1628276780192.png

Martin

HWiNFO Author
Staff member
Sorry, I don't know. I think Windows 11 is still quite early and several things need to be fixed.

Vicious

Yeah, really didn't want to upgrade but needed to work with tenserflow in wsl and insider build seems to be the only way to get the gpu passtrough working so had to do it, only an hour in and already a big issue like this one, this will be fun