CTRL-Pause exits HWinfo

Happens with the Sensors and Summary windows, but not the main window. I usually only have the Sensors window open, so I didn't notice the main window being exempt.

I disabled my Autohotkey script already, no change. Same goes for changing from German to English layout.

I have some keys remapped, but neither the right CTRL nor Pause key is part of that. What I did just notice, though, is that using left CTRL + Pause does the same, despite the left CTRL being remapped to be the left Windows key and the key I remapped to left CTRL doesn't do the Pause combination. Using CTRL via mapped mouse button + Pause also doesn't close the window.

The Logitech G915 keyboard *does* send a different keycode for this combination of keys, but I wasn't able to find correct code. Some software claims that Pause alone would send Num Lock and CTRL + Pause would send Pause, other software says it's unknown or undefined. Teamspeak claims it to be CTRL + Scroll Lock, which it definitively is not.

So far HWinfo seems to be the only application to react this way to this key code, though.

In Powershell the right CTRL + Pause opens Debug mode. The left CTRL + Pause just literally output "C". In CMD the left combination does a literal "^C" output while the right combination does a new line. In one software I noticed that both combinations skip through a dropdown list of choices starting with C.

I also found this post on superuser.com: "ctrl+break is a useful shortcut for stopping a build in Visual Studio".

This combination seems to be equivalent to pressing Esc key and since HWiNFO handles this as an exit signal, it will terminate.
I don't consider this as a bug or anything needing attention.

Hm, none of the various applications I tried identifies it as ESC key, though. This includes the Autohotkey script window that closes on ESC, but not on the key combination. So only HWinfo seems to interpret it as ESC then. For an Y-cruncher Terminal window the CTLR + Pause combination closes the window instantly, but ESC does nothing.

Back