presentmon 2, static numbers.

mnemonic

As with the new 8.02 presentmon no longer seems to work, it reports static number and no longer changes.
I have discrete AMD 7900 XTX and the iGPU enabled as well. iGPU is GPU0 in windows taskmanager and AMD is GPU1, this has been so forever and did not have static numbers reported by presentmon before.
could it be monitoring the igpu now instead of the discrete AMD?

What kind of GPU workload are you running, does it sufficiently load the GPU? Can you try to disable one of the GPUs to see if it will work then?

I have some good news, today there was a new intel wired NIC driver (29.1) , installed it and rebooted. I did reboots before but that didn't fix the stuck presentmon 2.0.
Now presentmon 2.0 is showing dynamic numbers again instead of staying stuck.
Before this presentmon 2.0 was stuck at 339.8 FPS no matter what i did, gaming or idling or video. I have windows set to use both gfx devices depending on which app.
No clue as to how or what but something got fixed on this box of mysteries we call pc. These things have become too complex.

hmm, it seems to have returned on cold boot, presentmon being stuck,
Unless i quit and restart hwinfo sensor status, then it starts working again.

So the first startup of hwinfo makes presentmon get stuck, quitting and restarting hwinfo then in turn makes presentmon report dynamic numbers again.

Very odd, does it need a bit of time after a system boots to report correctly ?
Is this caused by windows 11 and or it's hvci/security measures ?

I don't think this is related to HVCI or virtualization. It's rather due to PresentMon 2.0, I'm looking into that...
What kind of graphics workload are you running?

I use HWInfo to feed the HWInfo Reader plugin for Streamdeck for system monitoring that is not on-screen. What I have found is that upon cold boot, the Displayed FPS will be visible for about 3-5 seconds, and that it will revert back to 0FPS. If I open the stream deck software to the configuration page where you select what each button does, or restart HWInfo, this specific sensor will start reporting again and continue to report until the PC is shutdown. There are two different plugins for HWInfo for streamdeck and both of them experience the same behavior. It appears that there is something that resets the connection very quickly after HWInfo starts that requires the software to have the connection re-established to report the presentmon sensors correctly.

Performing some testing with some theories, It seemed to me like there was something else that was breaking the connection because of all the software starting up at boot, e.g. I have PrecisionX1 and nvidia for my GPU and HWInfo, Intel Driver and Support Assistant, iCue, and Stream deck. I thought that maybe one of these may be causing the disconnect for PresentMon. My first and only test at this point was to change the delay that HWInfo uses in taskscheduler for startup. I changed it from 5 seconds to 30 seconds and that appears to have resolved the issue for me. I am no longer required to re-open HWInfo or open the Streamdeck app which displays the forwarded info from HWInfo.

Last edited:
I can report the beta helped. HWiNFO running without any settings changed, out of the box, on stable version the framerate would be stuck on some old value whenever my game was focused. On beta this no longer occurs.
(single Nvidia GPU with driver 552.44, Windows 11 23H2)

I can report the beta helped. HWiNFO running without any settings changed, out of the box, on stable version the framerate would be stuck on some old value whenever my game was focused. On beta this no longer occurs.
(single Nvidia GPU with driver 552.44, Windows 11 23H2)
Thanks for the feedback.

Back