Stuttering whilst monitoring 4090

Du14101

Hi,

It seems like there are some issues with monitoring of the 4090.
Whenever I monitor it (Hwinfo, or other suites) there are sometimes long delays between frames.

Looking at HWINFO - it seems that the latency to retun readings from the 4090 go into the thousands of ms - see attached (latency reading of 1616).
This is whilst playing a game - Hitman (alt-tabbed out to grab the screenshot).

I have had this issue from FanControl as well - using the built in sensor readings.
Any ideas on how to fix this??? Or do I just not monitor the card.

I have seen suggestions that this could be down to Nvidias NVML API not being updated / monitoring suites using older non-supported APIs.

Screenshot 2024-04-13 140910.png

There were problems with NVML in previous driver versions (already discussed on this forum) but NVIDIA seems to have fixed this in latest drivers.

There were problems with NVML in previous driver versions (already discussed on this forum) but NVIDIA seems to have fixed this in latest drivers.
Thanks for your response Martin - much appreciated.
I am currently on 537.58 for historical stability reasons - I will try the latest one.

I tried the latest driver - 552.12, and there was extreme stuttering and instability.
Assume its an Nvidia driver issue.

Unfortunately no improvement - still stuttering, heres a view (couldnt capture the higher numbers) - will try grab some.

761_NVML_OFF.jpg

Heres a shot from on desktop (web browsing):
1014_NVML_OFF.png

Last edited:
Hmm, then it must be some other problem in NVIDIA drivers. They are fully responsible for polling the GPU, so you should report this to NVIDIA.

Back