3900X/Asus B550-E Power Reporting Deviation Issue

Polygon

I know there is an entire thread on this, and I read through it, but being older I don't think my reply is going to get any response.

I perfectly understand the issue. What I don't understand is how to resolve it. While I'm not really concerned about the longevity of the CPU, I am concerned about the temp. This is my file/media server that runs 24x7 and also does encoding/transcoding. It's running a 3900X in an Asus B550-E with UEFI v2423. With a Noctua U12S Chromax, temps are getting close to 80 degrees and my PRD is generally around 80% at a 100% load using Cinebench R20. I'm not doing any overclocking. No PBO or messing with the voltages. I do have the memory manually set to it's rated clock speed and latency. Outside that, everything is set to auto.

After reading through that entire thread, as well as other sources, I've not seen a consistent explanation on how to resolve this. Some say to mess with the CPU voltage, some say to adjust the PPT, some say to adjust the CPUVDD, some say to change settings I don't have in my UEFI, like full scale VDD that's separate from the CPU or SOC. Can someone give me an idea of what setting I need to adjust to resolve this?

This can be fully resolved by the BIOS only so that it provides accurate telemetry settings to the CPU.
The other proposed solutions are methods to mitigate the issue by reducing the power limit.

This can be fully resolved by the BIOS only so that it provides accurate telemetry settings to the CPU.
The other proposed solutions are methods to mitigate the issue by reducing the power limit.
Okay, I just did a search in the UEFI and found CPU core current telemetry. Do you know if that would be it? There was also an SOC current telemetry, but that was it.

Back