Abnormal maximum frequencies at the processor cores (12,250MHz)

doubleq

Hello,

Can anyone help me interpret these abnormally high frequencies from the processor cores? It is beyond me, I have not found any explanation. The processor used under normal conditions, without anything demanding, not even games. Default bios settings, mostly on "auto" except XMP (@ 3600MHz).

https://ibb.co/0BqhxTT

Thanks in advance for your help.

My PC: I9 10980XE, Noctua NH-15, AsRock X299 Creator, 64 GB (4x16GB) Corsair @3600Mhz CL18, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, Samsung 970 PRO 1TB, Seasonic Prime TX1000, Phanteks Eclipse P600S

Attachments

• frec12000.jpg
    frec12000.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 10
It's a result of wrong BCLK detected - 260 MHz. Hard to say why without seeing the HWiNFO Debug File, but it might be because of HVCI enabled.

Thanks for the reply.
I also noticed that BCLK is not what it should be, yesterday the PCIe Clock was 112MHz (Current).

My question is, is it a reporting issue or is something wrong with my system ?!

I don't think HVCI is enabled. ("Virtualization-based security -> Not enabled").

I put a link with debug file for the attached screeshot:

GDrive: HWiNFO64.DBG
WeTransfer: HWiNFO64.DBG

Thank you for help.

Attachments

• frec14000.jpg
    frec14000.jpg
    947.4 KB · Views: 7
There's nothing wrong with your CPU. The problem is that CPU clock measurement doesn't work properly on these CPU series as they don't support any reliable method to determine correct BCLK.
Even though HWiNFO attempts to detect the clock as good as it can, in some cases (especially during high system load) this can give wrong results.

OK. I wasn't worried about the CPU, I'm afraid it's a problem with the motherboard, that it delivers the wrong clocks and poses a risk to the rest of the components.
Thank you very much for your help.

Back