Add VCCIN reporting for AW17 in Hinfo64

papusan

Hello Martin. A Question I have to you.
Is it possible to add VCCIN/vRING reporting/monitoring for laptops(Aw17) in HWinfo64? Now have Throttlestop come with a new beta 3 with VCCIN volt adjustment :D .  Would have been nice with reporting/monitoring of several volts settings. Especially Input and Cache voltage. I know this may be difficult as there are many different laptop models with different motherboards. But Can you take a look at this? If it is possible then it is my hardware specification such as this...

Computer: Alienware 17R1 (2013/14 model) laptop 
Motherboard: Alienware Model 05RW0M 
Chipset: Intel HM87 (Intel Lynx Point HM87) 
Intel Core: [email protected] 
Graphics:: Nvidia gtx780m Oc
Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD connected to SATA 3 (ACHI MODE) 
Windows 7 Ult x64bit

Regards 
Papusan

I don't think this is possible to monitor, as I believe that machine lacks the required sensor circuits to monitor and report those values.
I'm not sure how Throttlestop adjusts those voltages, but I think this is only a sort of command to change values, without a capability to read back the actual measured values.

Martin said:
I don't think this is possible to monitor, as I believe that machine lacks the required sensor circuits to monitor and report those values.
I'm not sure how Throttlestop adjusts those voltages, but I think this is only a sort of command to change values, without a capability to read back the actual measured values.

Thank you for your feedback. A final question. Is this something you believe or something you know for sure?

Regards
Papusan

Back