All GPU Sensor Data Imported into Aquasuite via Shared Memory Gone After Updating NVidia Driver to v537.42

SpeedyIV

This is probably an Aquasuite bug but it may be a HWINFO Shared Memory issue, so I am asking in both forums.

Yesterday I updated my Asus TUF RTX 3080 OC driver to v537.42. After updating the driver and rebooting. I discovered that none of the GPU sensor data was showing up in my AQS overview panels. The GPU sensor data is imported from HWINFO via the Shared Memory interface. I had to select each item, then Change Data Source, then select Data from Aquacomputer service, HWINFO, GPU#0, and then the data. It was all there just like before but none of it was available in AQS until I reselected the data sources for GPU sensors from the HWINFO Shared Memory.

I don’t know if this is a driver problem, a HWINFO, problem, a Shared Memory problem, or an AQS problem. Since HWINFO was still reporting GPU data like it always does, and all the data was available in the data source selection, I think this is an AQS issue. Has anyone else updated their Nvidia GPU driver to v537.42 and lost all GPU data imported from HWINFO into Aquasuite? Any idea what could cause this?

Was this perhaps rather because you updated to the latest HWiNFO Beta version?
In the latest Beta the GPU sensor name was slightly changed to also include the card name. If Aquasuite strictly matches the sensor name, it might have required to re-select the sensor.

Was this perhaps rather because you updated to the latest HWiNFO Beta version?
In the latest Beta the GPU sensor name was slightly changed to also include the card name. If Aquasuite strictly matches the sensor name, it might have required to re-select the sensor.
Yes, I always update HWINFO to the latest beta within a day or two of release. I updated to HWINFO v7.63-5215 beta on Tuesday, September 19th. I installed NVidia driver v537.42 on Thursday, September 21st. I noticed that the GPU sensor data disappeared in AQS after I updated the NVidia driver. It is possible that the GPU sensor data disappeared after installing HWINFO v7.63-5215 beta and I just did not notice it until I updated the GPU driver two days later.

Would the GPU sensor name change affect all the GPU sensors? AQS was not monitoring every sensor available but it was monitoring 14 sensors including 4 power values, 3 power percentages, 4 temps, 2 fan speeds, and GPU Effective Clock. Would the name change affect all of these?

It depends on how a particular application is pulling data from Shared Memory and I don't know how exactly AQS does it. If it's strict and matches the exact sensor name previously configured, then yes, it might affect all GPU sensor values in AQS. It's rather a question for their team.

It depends on how a particular application is pulling data from Shared Memory and I don't know how exactly AQS does it. If it's strict and matches the exact sensor name previously configured, then yes, it might affect all GPU sensor values in AQS. It's rather a question for their team.
Thanks, Martin. I did post this question on their forum and hope that someone from Aquacomputer will respond. It's not a huge deal but I have multiple overview pages set up in AQS that include GPU sensor data imported from HWINFO. Sitting here reselecting every one of them was a PITA. First world problem I guess...

Back