AMD Ryzen 1700X/ ASRock X370 Taichi

Ken429

Am I looking in all the wrong places for the Ryzen 1700X core temperatures?  I'm using version HWInfo64 version 5.52.3161.

Depends on where you're looking :) But this topic has been discussed and explained on this forum already.

Like I said, I was looking (searching forum) in all the wrong places.  Based on your comments above I finally stumbled into the Ryzen/Asus thread.  I can only assume the Ryzen/ASRock Taichi information is similar.  Anyway, thanks for the quick response - you made me search the forum until I found what I was looking for, I think.  I'm used to the Intel cpu core temps being reported by individually.  I guess with 8 cpu's AMD decided to report only one overall cpu temperature?

Yes, AMD CPUs never did report per-core temperatures, only a single value (which is ehm, not always properly understood).

Ken429 said:
Like I said, I was looking (searching forum) in all the wrong places.  Based on your comments above I finally stumbled into the Ryzen/Asus thread.  I can only assume the Ryzen/ASRock Taichi information is similar.  Anyway, thanks for the quick response - you made me search the forum until I found what I was looking for, I think.  I'm used to the Intel cpu core temps being reported by individually.  I guess with 8 cpu's AMD decided to report only one overall cpu temperature?

Back