AMD Ryzen 5 3400G CPU Temperature

pml

HWinfo is showing high cpu temps (92ºc max!). check screenshot
Ryzen master shows the values of cpu (tctl/tdie) temps, 58ºc max.
motherboard (asrock a300) also insane temps but ive read that it's an error or something and it doesnt make much since the minimum temp is already over 110ªc at boot

what exactly is this cpu hwinfo is showing? is it the cpu? could it be an actual component running that hot?

You have re-arranged the values, so I don't know from which sensor this comes.
But it's most likely an invalid value as "CPU (Tctl/Tdie)" is the most accurate temperature for AMD Ryzen processors.

tempsoriginal.PNG

here you go.
it's probably incorrect value then? but is it bad? there's actually a component with those temps or is it just an error? What is your opinion? Should I be worried? Can I just hide it. It's killing me seeing those temps

Last edited:
That usually happens with sensor inputs not connected on a mainboard, but it looks like most of the sensors there show quite high values.
Is there a tool from ASRock that can monitor your system temperatures? I checked, but couldn't find one for A300M-STX.

is it a good cpu ? I want to buy myself one
im quite happy with it. perfect for browsing/watching movies. pretty good for some light gaming. runs gta5 pretty nicely. check some youtube videos of people testing it ;)

That usually happens with sensor inputs not connected on a mainboard, but it looks like most of the sensors there show quite high values.
Is there a tool from ASRock that can monitor your system temperatures? I checked, but couldn't find one for A300M-STX.
the sensors showing high temps seem bugged because theyre already over 110 at boot and barely change with load

couldnt find any app from asrock to monitor temps, but i did go into the uefi right after testing. results:
IMG_20200508_170042.jpg
33.PNG
444.gif

uefi seems to be getting cpu temps from the same sensor as CPU tctl/tdie
same as the amd ryzen master app.

ive noticed that the CPU sensor under asrock,
tempsoriginal.PNG
drops temperature insanely fast after i close the game. over 20ºC in the ~5 secs it takes to exit the game. and quickly drops further, 10/15secs to reach 55 and then takes like 10mins to reach 45.

not sure what to think anymore.

Yes, it looks like on this mainboard all temperatures of the Nuvoton sensor are bogus except the auxiliary value, which is the mainboard temperature.
I will adjust this as such in the next build.

Back