Anomalous sensor readings in HWiNFO64

lesovers

Asus Prime X470 Pro Bios update 5220 (AGESA 1.0.0.3 ABBA dated 24/9/2019) has the same issue.
Chipset Temperature, Tsensor 1 Temperature and CPU OPT fan RPM are all incorrect;

HWiNF064 v6.12-3930 Asus X470 Bios 5220 Bugs.jpg

Les

lesovers

Here is a shot of the bios monitoring screen. CPU temperature should be at the top however the screen was refreshing when I took the photo;

IMG_0392.JPG

Martin

HWiNFO Author
Staff member
The BIOS uses a different access method, which applications cannot use.
This problem is BIOS related, so it looks like ASUS is going to fix this in another BIOS update.

KotOr

Hello. i want report maybe bad reading of CPU PLL voltage. HWinfo shows ( CPU PLLs OC ) 1.2-.1216V in BIOS i have Two PLL voltage 1. PLL termination voltage (if i change it nothing happens) 2. Eventual PLL termination voltage. if i change it to 1.1V HWinfo shows still 1.216 but on my motherboard Maximus Z390 APEX XI i have direct Voltage measurment points and on default they read 1.25V and if i change 2. PLL to 1.1V they shows around 1.1V. So that ( PLLs OC ) is something different or maybe just not accurate readings?

Attachments

Martin

HWiNFO Author
Staff member
Hello. i want report maybe bad reading of CPU PLL voltage. HWinfo shows ( CPU PLLs OC ) 1.2-.1216V in BIOS i have Two PLL voltage 1. PLL termination voltage (if i change it nothing happens) 2. Eventual PLL termination voltage. if i change it to 1.1V HWinfo shows still 1.216 but on my motherboard Maximus Z390 APEX XI i have direct Voltage measurment points and on default they read 1.25V and if i change 2. PLL to 1.1V they shows around 1.1V. So that ( PLLs OC ) is something different or maybe just not accurate readings?
It might be something different. Does the BIOS under monitored values show a PLL value that changes accordingly?