ASROCK X670E/B650E soc voltage reading different from bios

al75

Hello on the mentioned boards hwinfo soc readings are different than Asrock bios and motherboard software, also VDD misc.

Screenshot 2023-05-04 180824.pngScreenshot 2023-05-04 182046.png

The values you see in BIOS are what's set/requested, values in HWiNFO what's really measured. The decrease might be due to VDroop

The values you see in BIOS are what's set/requested, values in HWiNFO what's really measured. The decrease might be due to VDroop
Hi
Yeah i know about it, for bios readings.. but also readings from the asrock program wich are floating values report them like that.. in the picture, values requested arent usually at boot time ? when os is loaded the asrock software should read same as hwinfo.. my bad i forgot to try ryzen master, i usually stay far from it but.. will try and report back.

The values reported in ASRock tool come from a different monitoring source on the mainboard and those are also shown in HWiNFO under the mainboard sensor.
The values you posted above come from internal CPU - VRM telemetry.

The values reported in ASRock tool come from a different monitoring source on the mainboard and those are also shown in HWiNFO under the mainboard sensor.
The values you posted above come from internal CPU - VRM telemetry.
Yeah i saw they are same as the reading under Nuvoton sensor, even ryzen master shows them, i find it pretty dumb honestly reporting values from an external reading and not the actual rail (renesas readings) like on hwinfo... any explanation ?

Back