Battery measurements, To Be or Not To Be?

PhotM

Well-Known Member
Hi Martin,

I realize that the battery readings are primarily for laptops and therefore 2 digit places is usually enough. On my Tower Desktop system it shows 20.70 V which is almost accurate except that my Battery is a UPS and the voltage is 120.70 V or there abouts. So you see my dalema. Do you really want to include UPS batteries that are reporting to Windows 7 SP 1 x64 and its own app via USB, it's voltage or not? I just thought I would bring it up to see what you would say, I am easy either way, I know it 120 volts.

Regards, :)

Crysta
 

Martin

HWiNFO Author
Staff member
The battery readings are universal for all systems supporting Smart Battery specification and not limited to 2 digit places.
In case your system reports such invalid value, I need to see the report + debug files.
But the 120 V you think should be reported - is this the input or output voltage ? Is it really able to output 120 V ? What's the model number of your UPS ?
 

PhotM

Well-Known Member
Martin said:
The battery readings are universal for all systems supporting Smart Battery specification and not limited to 2 digit places.
In case your system reports such invalid value, I need to see the report + debug files.
But the 120 V you think should be reported - is this the input or output voltage ? Is it really able to output 120 V ? What's the model number of your UPS ?
Martin,

The UPS is a Line voltage UPS. Here our line voltage varies between 115 to 122 volts. Thank you for your quick response, but I am not in a position at the present time to be so quick with your reports. I didn't expect it to get involved. Give me some time I am in the middle of some other PC challenges and this was only an aside. :mad:

Crysta
 

PhotM

Well-Known Member
Martin said:
The battery readings are universal for all systems supporting Smart Battery specification and not limited to 2 digit places.
In case your system reports such invalid value, I need to see the report + debug files.
But the 120 V you think should be reported - is this the input or output voltage ? Is it really able to output 120 V ? What's the model number of your UPS ?
Martin,

Here is an update. I installed the UPS's own PC software which comes complete with its own gadget. The battery voltage disappeared from the status report and Nicks gadget which I am using. To be more clear, our UPS's hear have Line Voltage in as well as out on several wall type plug outlets. My PC, monitor, UBS, Routers, Modem, Net Drive, Boxee, Phone, Tablet and HDMI switch are all plugged into it. With everything powered up, I have about 30 minutes up time after the power goes off. Hope that clears up any confusion. I guess this becomes a non problem???

Crysta
 

Martin

HWiNFO Author
Staff member
Thanks for the additional information, Crysta. So when you installed the UPS software, HWiNFO is no longer displaying any battery information? Maybe try to launch it again. This is quite strange...
So what values is that software showing ? It's a pity that it's not possible to compare the HWiNFO values with the UPS ones side-by-side on a single screenshot.
 

PhotM

Well-Known Member
Martin said:
Thanks for the additional information, Crysta. So when you installed the UPS software, HWiNFO is no longer displaying any battery information? Maybe try to launch it again. This is quite strange...
So what values is that software showing ? It's a pity that it's not possible to compare the HWiNFO values with the UPS ones side-by-side on a single screenshot.
Martin,

As is probably obvious, I am struggling with other more important issues on my PC. It was something I had thought of mentioning for awhile and just happened to think of it when I was replying on the gadget issue. So when things are more together I will look at this further. To answer your question, the value is in the neighborhood of 120 Volts varying as the line voltage does within +- 10 V. I could compare the values before by looking at the UPS unit screen and what was on the gadget and in the Status Report. So the report was about 100 V out.

Give me some time Martin :)

Crysta
 

PhotM

Well-Known Member
Martin said:
Thanks for the additional information, Crysta. So when you installed the UPS software, HWiNFO is no longer displaying any battery information? Maybe try to launch it again. This is quite strange...
So what values is that software showing ? It's a pity that it's not possible to compare the HWiNFO values with the UPS ones side-by-side on a single screenshot.
Hi Martin,

I have further news. I have installed CyberPower's Business Edition, which uses Intranet, and found that it reports the actual battery value. Martin, it was the same as yours, approx 20. V!!! :) When their driver is installed, the MS one is still there but must be disabled some how??? :( The former HID MS driver did not interfere but is the one that probably came up with the value??? I am still in the midst of sorting out this PC but if you can wait, I will try to get you any further info if you want.

I have your latest production release installed. On Nick's gadget, I am see something called "GPU VID at 10.29 V up to 30.935 V, which does not show up on your sensor report. They both have 2 GPU VRM of 0.09 V and 1.20 V but Nick's doesn't say which one is GPU VRM VID like yours does. What is the extra GPU VRM???

As ever Best Regards,

Crysta
 

Martin

HWiNFO Author
Staff member
Hi Crysta,
could you please attach a screenshot of HWiNFO and HWiNFOMonitor showing the invalid GPU VID value ? That might help us to track the problem..
 

PhotM

Well-Known Member
Martin said:
Hi Crysta,
could you please attach a screenshot of HWiNFO and HWiNFOMonitor showing the invalid GPU VID value ? That might help us to track the problem..
OKAY Martin,

I am in hurry up and wait, so here they are...... :D

Crysta

[attachment=389]
[attachment=390]
 

Martin

HWiNFO Author
Staff member
Thanks for the screenshots. It seems to be a problem of the gadget, I'll let Nick know about this...
 

PhotM

Well-Known Member
Martin said:
Thanks for the screenshots. It seems to be a problem of the gadget, I'll let Nick know about this...
:s Sorry Martin,

I have gotten confused about which thread you are referring to what. Your welcome for the screen shots. See the other thread for the rest of the answer in relationship to "side by side would have been nice" o_O :( In other words it turns out to be an out of order issue.

Crysta
 

Martin

HWiNFO Author
Staff member
Ah, then it's clear :) Not a gadget issue, but HWiNFO... I'll fix this in the next build.
 

PhotM

Well-Known Member
Martin said:
Ah, then it's clear :) Not a gadget issue, but HWiNFO... I'll fix this in the next build.
If it is clear then perhaps sooooo ...... but your Sensor Report has everything in the right order???? Hope I am not confusing you :huh:
 

Martin

HWiNFO Author
Staff member
I don't know what you understand with "right order" :) In the sensor window the items are in the normal order, just the Intel GPU VID was not correctly calculated by HWiNFO...
 

PhotM

Well-Known Member
Martin said:
I don't know what you understand with "right order" :) In the sensor window the items are in the normal order, just the Intel GPU VID was not correctly calculated by HWiNFO...
OH! OKAY Martin,

I didn't realize there was a reporting err. Yes on your sensor report they are in the right order!!!! On the Gadget they weren't so I just moved it up to the proper spot. Sorry for the confusion. We will look for the correct value next update. :)

Crysta
 
Top