Bluescreens of death after 8.00 update

serveral

I had 3 BSODs related to ntoskrnl.exe and FLTMGR.SYS (1 with just ntoskrnl and 2 with both) at seemingly random points, 1 was under no load, just browsing on the internet and the other 2 were under moderate gaming loads, with the crashes taking something like 10-24 hours between each other, however after rolling back to 7.72-5355 I've experienced no crashes so far after almost 5 days of system uptime so far.

Here's a system summary screenshot of my PC
1712283373900.png
(ignore the 1TB hdd, that's just an external drive)

I can provide the crash dumps if necessary, however I'm not aware if hwinfo also logs crash reports of BSODs.

I'd like to add, that at the moment I cannot confidently say that I'm 100% sure that the crashes were hwinfo's fault, since I just rolled back to 7.72 on a hunch after noticing the first crash happened the same day I installed the 8.00 update (which was the only change done on my system at the time as I did not run any windows updates or installed or updated any other software), however I fear that updating to 8.00 may bring back said crashes.

It would be best if you could provide the HWiNFO Debug File of the crash.

Sorry to ask this, since as I'm not sure if this is common knowledge, but is it usual for the dbg file to grow excessively? I updated to 8.00 once more and I've been running it on the debug+direct write mode for about 10 hours or so, trying to (hopefully not) trigger another BSOD, however the .dbg file is nearing 1GB in size and it'd be virtually impossible to upload a file so big anywhere due to my painfully slow upload speed.

I guess my real question is: Does the size get trimmed after a crash/bsod happens?

Yes, the DBG file grows because it constantly dumps data..
Maybe the BSOD is not caused by HWiNFO - a crash in FLTMGR.SYS would be very unlikely caused by it.

Yeah, maybe I was just paranoid. Just felt odd that the moment I rolled back to 7.72 the BSODs seemed to stop for good.
I'll keep the debug running for the next 24h too see if anything happens, otherwise I'll just assume whatever was going on got magically fixed.

I also had a BSOD (something like nv***) yesterday after installing HWInfo 8.00 when using Adobe Photoshop. It was not never before. Debug mode was not enabled so I don`t have debug file.

Well so far my system hasn't crashed again. I'll stay on 8.00 for now and monitor my system's behavior. Maybe this was just a case of windows being windows and hopefully no more BSODs continue happening.

Back