Can't Monitor VRM Temps

Fuzzyy

So I have been trying to figure out how to monitor my VRM temps. I have seen a video on youtube with my motherboard. The guy was using HWInfo and there was a VRM temp sensor on there. I will link the video down below.
Also am seeing very high temps of 80C at Motherboard section when on idle. I am pretty sure that they are faulty sensors or they do not exist because when I launch a benchmark or a game, they stay the same. I will add to screenshots down below. How can I monitor my VRM temps? Thanks for the replies!

Video:
At 20:44, we can see that a VRM temp sensor is available on EC.

System Specs:
R5 5600X
Asus ROG STRIX B550-I
Corsair 16GB 3200 C16
EVGA RTX 3070 XC3
Corsair RM750
WD Black SN750

Attachments

• temps.PNG
    temps.PNG
    130.3 KB · Views: 47
I also can't monitor the RPM of VRM Heatsink fan. I only saw it when I installed AI Suite 3. VRM temps was not available at AI Suite too.

This is most likely because the VRM used doesn't support temperature reporting. There are versions with and without this capability (even the same mainboard model, but different VRMs used).
I'm not sure about the HS Fan, it might not be showing up when it's not spinning.

This is most likely because the VRM used doesn't support temperature reporting. There are versions with and without this capability (even the same mainboard model, but different VRMs used).
I'm not sure about the HS Fan, it might not be showing up when it's not spinning.
Sad that ASUS don't include temperature reporting on a board at this price. HS fan showed 0RPM at AI Suite, but never shows on HWInfo. I guess It just pops on HWInfo when it starts spinning. Thanks for the reply Martin.

HWiNFO doesn't initially display fans that are not spinning. Once they start to spin they will be shown.
Enabling the "Show all fans (including stopped or not present)" option will show them all including those not connected as it's not possible to know whether a fan is not spinning or connected at all.

HWiNFO doesn't initially display fans that are not spinning. Once they start to spin they will be shown.
Enabling the "Show all fans (including stopped or not present)" option will show them all including those not connected as it's not possible to know whether a fan is not spinning or connected at all.
Thanks! Now it appeared below the ASUS EC Row, showing 0RPM. I never saw it spinning probably because I'm running a 6 core 65w CPU.

Back