CPU 3550h read error or fake CPU??

shepard18

hi,

I have one asus TuF Fx505DV with ryzen 5 3550H and nvidia 2060.
In HW info I read that this CPU really is the Ryzen 5 3500U, but in other program, like CPU-Z, i read that is the 3550H, what version is right??
If the CPU is tha right CPU in my notebook (ryzen 5 3550H) where i read the correct TDP for this (35Watt):
1 - CPU Thermal Design Power (TDP): 15.0 W;
2 - CPU Power Limit 1 - Long Duration: Power = 38.00 W [Unlocked];

in the first or in the second line?? or generally where?

Attachments

• &.jpg
    &.jpg
    525.3 KB · Views: 5
  • LAPTOP-7VR0OE67.HTM
    167.6 KB · Views: 3
Both 3500U and 3550H are physically the same CPU. If you look at specifications on AMD site, they also share the same OPN YM3500C4T4MFG.
The difference is most probably in the TDP limit only. Additional difference is the CPU name, which can also be changed by BIOS. HWiNFO reports the hard-wired CPU name which cannot be changed, while CPU-Z seems to be showing the value which migth be changed.
And since the BIOS is setting both the TDP (power profile) limit and CPU name as well, I believe this is just a sort of software modification in BIOS, but CPUs are physically identical.

Both 3500U and 3550H are physically the same CPU. If you look at specifications on AMD site, they also share the same OPN YM3500C4T4MFG.
The difference is most probably in the TDP limit only. Additional difference is the CPU name, which can also be changed by BIOS. HWiNFO reports the hard-wired CPU name which cannot be changed, while CPU-Z seems to be showing the value which migth be changed.
And since the BIOS is setting both the TDP (power profile) limit and CPU name as well, I believe this is just a sort of software modification in BIOS, but CPUs are physically identical.

Ok, thanks for the information.
For my second question about the TDP value in HWInfo, which is the correct value that has the limit at 35 watt?

1 - CPU Thermal Design Power (TDP): 15.0 W;
2 - CPU Power Limit 1 - Long Duration: Power = 38.00 W [Unlocked]; in the first or in the second line??

The first or the second? and in the sensore windows which is the correct CPU power line that match with real power consumption?

This CPU family doesn't have a fused TDP limit, so it's set by the BIOS based on the desired profile.
CPU Power Limit 1 (PL1) is a value that allows the power to exceed the default (long-term TDP limit) for a short period of time given other limiting factors allow this.

We have the same CPU (3550H). But every time I play a game or benchmark the CPU the total CPU Package power won't reach 30W or above. It only maxes out at 22 W same with APU STAPM. Which on your data you can reach on up to 30 watts.

Another detail I noticed is the CPU Thermal Design Power (TDP) on mine is 35W (15W compared to your CPU) while the CPU Power Limit 1 - Long Duration Power on mine is 15 W (which is 38W on yours) same with your CPU Power Limit 2 - Short Duration Power which is 45W. Any thoughts on this?

1693018896915.png

EDIT: If I plugged the power the PL1 goes to 42W and PL2 goes to 50W. But The issue still occurs when doing tests. It only limits up to 22W on CPU Package Power.

Last edited:
Back