DDR5 memory timings changing rapidly

Robalo

Hello,
I have Gigabyte Aourus laptop with 2x16GB Kingston DDR-5600 CL40 RAM installed with newest BIOS installed.
HWiNFO64 (newest) monitoring shows strange values and memory clock changes rapidly from from proper 2793 Mhz to 997Mhz. Screenshot attached - you can easy see period of time when Cinebench R23 benchmark was launched and memory clock dropped during this test. I have Vmware Workstation installed but all virtual machines are off - is it somehow connected?. Exactly same situation with factory 4800 sticks and same 997Mhz drops. Is it HWiNFO64 showing not valid values or real software/hardware related issue? I really see that something is wrong because I am getting about 22k CPU score in Cinebench while 26k should be minimum for these power limits (PL1 = 120W, PL2 = 86W) of i9-13980HX CPU.

Attachments

• ram_timings.png
    ram_timings.png
    118.5 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Looks like correct values, could be due to thermal throttling of DIMMs. Hard to say without seeing further details.

Thanks for confirming. DRAMs temperature is no more than 60C and CPU 70C during Cinebench. This is one of the coolest laptops on the market so clearly temperature is not issue. Strange...

Attachments

• aouris17x_ram_issue.png
    aouris17x_ram_issue.png
    271.6 KB · Views: 3
Back